Chapter 47: The Carnival

WARNING: This chapter contains heavy themes and depicts sexual assault/domestic abuse. I am going to put *** when it starts and ends so you can skip because this one is pretty heavy. Stay safe friends!

Farah was sitting on the kitchen counter eating a block of Swiss cheese.

She had just done a pretty intense workout and she decided to reward herself with a snack. So, she decided to eat an entire block of cheese, you know, as one does.

As she gnawed on the brick she glanced down at her hands. Thor was still gone researching the Valknut so she had been practicing controlling her powers on her own. Farah focused intently on her hand.

She began to create the static feeling in her chest that she had come accustom to, it was normal for her now. Farah concentrated on the flowing electricity through her body and did her best to aim it towards her hand. She stared at her finger intently.

Farah practically shit herself when a purple spark of electricity ignited between her thumb and her index finger. Her eyes widened and she stopped chewing, trying her best to keep that spark there.

She began to play with it a little, watching as the spark moved between her two fingers. She kind of felt like Wanda.

It was a strange feeling to Farah, she was completely in control, yet she felt like some of the tension in her body had been released. She could definitely feel the static, but it almost felt...intoxicating.

The small purple spark disappeared as Wanda and Peter walked into the room.

Farah sat up a bit straighter and looked at the two, taking a bite of her Swiss cheese, "Hey guys," she said as Peter walked over and opened the fridge.

"Hey F," Peter said looking around for food. Wanda looked at her and smiled.

"Are you eating a block of Brânză?" Wanda asked leaning against the counter with a raised eyebrow. Farah swallowed a bit.

"If Brinza means delicious cheese," Farah said completely butchering the Romanian, "then yes, yes I am." She added with a triumphant smile. Wanda just shook her head with a laugh.

"You American's and your love of food," Wanda said walking over and grabbing a glass from the cabinet. Peter looked at her and scoffed like he was offended.

"How can you not like food? I feel like all I ever do is eat" he said pulling out ingredients to make himself a sandwich. Farah shrugged and looked at Wanda.

"Spidey is right, your brother may be cute, but food will always be #1 in my heart."

Wanda rolled her eyes with a small smile and filled her cup up with water. She glanced down at her watch, checking the time and then back at Peter.

"We were going to go down to the carnival that is in town later, we'd love it if you could join us, I still need to talk to Piet about it," Wanda said with a big smile looking at Farah. Farah smiled back at her and nodded.

"Yeah! That sounds like a lot of fun," Farah said thinking about her day. She had no plans...then a realization hit her. She got up frantically.

"Wanda, what time is it?!?!"

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at her watch again, "Uh it is about 1:10, why?" Farah widened her eyebrows and began to run out of the room in a hurry.

"Shit. Shit! SHIT." She said to herself as she left the two in the kitchen and began to run down the hallway, the cheese still in her hand. Farah was going as fast as she could and she was dodging S.H.I.E.L.D. agents left and right.