Chapter 52: The Origin

This chapter is a little gory but it's not too bad. Don't worry, spicy time is coming next chapter :)

~~~

Pietro looked around himself in confusion.

He was standing in his bathroom at the compound, not entirely sure how he got there. He looked down at his hands and noticed he wasn't wearing the same clothes as before. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw he was wearing ratty, grey sweat pants and a tank top that matched it.

Pietro glanced in the mirror and took a step back in shock as he saw what he looked like. His hair was long and shaggy with its natural dark coloring. His face was thin and the bags under his eyes were huge, he looked as if he hadn't eaten or slept in days. There was dirt stuck under his fingernails and skin, he looked ghastly. Pietro hadn't seen himself like that since...well, since he was experimented on.

He shook his head, he figured he was going crazy as he took a step into his room. Except it wasn't his room.

Pietro practically fell back against the wall as he found himself standing in one of Strucker's labs. He looked around frantically, it was exactly how he remembered it. Dark pavement surrounded the entire room except for a panel of glass at the front that revealed men in lab coats watching him intently. He made eye contact with a man wearing a monocle and he immediately recognized that it was Strucker.

He glanced to the side and saw a scepter he knew all too well. Pietro had been here before, it was like he was reliving out a memory. He knew what was coming next and it wasn't something he wanted to experience again.

Pietro closed his eyes tightly, he had to have been hallucinating. He felt a small wave of relief flow through his body when he opened his eyes and found he was somewhere different. That relief quickly faded when he realized where he was.

The one thing Pietro had always had a hard time coping with was isolation. During the experiments, the only time he wasn't in a lab was when he was locked away in a cell-type room. The cold cement and bug-infested cot being the only things to keep him company.

As he looked around, he found that was exactly where he was, except this was a memory too.

Pietro was sitting on his cot, looking down at his hands that began to shake rapidly. He couldn't control it and in a split second, he felt his body slam up against the hard cement wall. He let out a cry of anguish as he felt pain flood through his hand, he had most definitely broken it.

He was breathing heavily as he glanced around, it had been right after he had touched the mind stone so his powers were making their way to the surface. Pietro let out another cry of pain as he felt his leg begin to continuously tremble.

When he first gained his powers, it was painful, he couldn't control it and it felt like every bone and muscle in his body was tearing away from each other.

Pietro leaned against the wall in pain, never wishing to have been back there. He could perfectly feel how cold and damp the room was, it was like he never left. He always blamed himself though, him and Wanda had volunteered for this after all.

Out of nowhere, he felt the wind get knocked out of him and he groaned in pain as his back hit the floor.

He placed a hand on his chest, breathing heavily and looking around. He narrowed his eyes at the ceiling when he saw rubble and ash. He turned his head to the right and gasped as his eyes met another pair.

Pietro tried to move but he couldn't, his body being forced to stare into the eyes of a woman covered in rubble.

It was his mother looking at him with her lifeless blue eyes, her hand gently reaching out like she was trying to hold on to her children one last time. Her face was covered in blood, causing her bright blue eyes to stand out against the red.