Chapter 57: The Polaroids

WARNING: This chapter contains sexual and mature content. 18+ content

This story has almost gone up 10k reads in one day, yall I'm crying, you guys are the best.

~~~

"Farah, you aren't putting in the work."

Farah scoffed and looked at Dr. Lipner. She furrowed her eyebrows a bit.

"I come here all the time, how am I not putting in the work?" She asked, a little offended. The therapist raised her eyebrow at her and moved her clipboard. Farah had already been in there for fifteen minutes and she was complaining about how she still doesn't feel like she can control her emotions.

"You can come here and talk all you want, but you aren't taking my advice," Dr. Lipner said with widened eyes, "You can't complain about not getting better when you aren't making an effort to."

Farah just stayed silent for a moment as Dr. Lipner kept talking.

"Therapy isn't just about telling me about your feelings, you have homework. You can't just stop working on yourself," Dr. Lipner said, "You aren't going to get anywhere," She added. Farah sighed and nodded her head. She hated to admit it, but she was right.

"You need to start talking to people about how you feel, no more avoiding your issues," Dr. Lipner said rather intently, "I know that may sound harsh, but it's the truth," She added, "And I know that you don't want to keep going in circles," Dr. Lipner said, pushing her glasses up on her nose.

Farah just looked down at her hands and nodded a bit, picking at her fingernails. She glanced up at her therapist and didn't say anything, just letting the ticking of the clock fill the silence.

--------

"O-osk-ilia-ta-tion, yes, oskiliation."

Pietro gave Farah a rather confident smile as he read the term off of her flashcards. She had been studying for an exam and he insisted on helping her. They were sitting on her bed with Farah's head in Pietro's lap as he leaned up against her headboard. He kept holding the cards up higher so she couldn't see as he tried to quiz her.

Farah just gave him a small smile, it was adorable how hard he was trying. She held back her slight laugh and Pietro just frowned at her.

"Did I not say it right?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows, looking back at the card. Farah shook her head.

"You were actually pretty close," Farah said, sitting up and placing a hand on his shoulder. She looked at the card and nodded, "The term is oscillation, which is basically when you periodically repeat a process at a certain equilibrium in some kind of swaying motion," Farah added, trying to explain it. It helped her learn things better when she was able to teach them to someone else.

Pietro gave her a dumbfounded look, having absolutely no clue what she was talking about. Farah just looked at him and scratched her neck a little.

"You know playground swings? Those oscillate," Farah said, trying to explain it to him further. He just furrowed his eyebrows and nodded, still not fully understanding, but then again he wasn't the one taking the test. He just sighed and flipped to the next card. He frowned when he read it.

"I am not even going to try," He said, handing the card to her and Farah just chuckled a little. She looked at it and nodded.

"Oh, it's the Aufbau Principle," Farah said looking forward, "This is pretty simple, it states that electrons have to fill the lower energy orbitals before they can fill the higher energy ones," She added, glancing over to Pietro.