Chapter 76: The Funeral

There's a scene in this chapter that would have been spoken in Romanian, but for the sake of my sanity I wrote it in English. You'll know when you get to it.

This chapter is also a smidge short

~~~

"I don't want to go."

"So then why are we going?"

Farah sighed and looked at Pietro, scratching her head a little while grabbing her black dress from her suitcase, "Because I told my family I would," She said as she began to undress. Pietro had already put on his suit and was laying on Farah's bed, watching her.

"Okay," He said with a sigh, leaning back on his arms. He looked at her body, seeing the hickey's he had left the day before. Pietro didn't smirk or say anything cocky, he just had a content expression on his face. Farah didn't even notice, but luckily the dress she was putting on covered all the marks.

She reached for the zipper, but it was at the back of the dress, "Can you zip me up please?" Farah asked nicely to Pietro, having exhaustion written all over her face.

Pietro nodded and stood up, walking behind her and gently grabbing the zipper. Farah pulled her curly hair over one shoulder so it didn't get caught in her dress. As he zipped her up, she could feel his warm hand softly grazing her back.

When Pietro's hands got to the top of her neck, he gently kissed her right behind the ear and rubbed her arms sympathetically, "It is going to be okay, Draga," He said to her reassuringly.

Farah nodded her head and looked at the two of them in the mirror in front of her. She was wearing a mid-length, black cocktail dress that was rather basic with long sleeves and a low square neckline. She looked good, well as good as someone who is going to a funeral can look. Her hair was in its usual curly state but she decided to put on a little makeup. Not too much though, she really wasn't in the mood to draw attention to herself.

Pietro, on the other hand, was wearing a black suit and tie. He had on a few rings but nothing too flashy with his hair gelled back in a messy look. A few white strands of hair falling in his face. His tie was a little lopsided, but he looked very elegant.

Farah turned to face him and began to fix his tie, looking up at him when she finished. She gently brushed the piece of hair that was in his eye away from his face, letting her hand linger on his cheek. Pietro leaned into her touch, placing his hand on top of hers and softly kissing her wrist.

"You look handsome," Farah said to him, a small smile creeping on to her lips. Pietro smiled at her and shrugged.

"Of course I do, when do I not?"

Farah dropped the smile off her face and shook her head, pulling her hand away, "When you're running away from cows," She responded to him with a small smirk. Pietro glared at her as she went to go put on earrings.

"That is not funny," He said seriously as Farah just chuckled. She turned and looked at him.

"It's a little funny."

---------

The last time Pietro Maximoff had been to a cemetery he was just a young boy.

He had gone to a funeral for one of his grandparents, but he honestly didn't remember much of it. After that, he had no reason to go to a graveyard since his parents were never actually buried.

Just a few days after the attack on their apartment complex, Wanda and Pietro were sent to live in an orphanage, having no say idea what happened to their parent's bodies. In reality, their bodies were never recovered from the rubble, their legacy always being stuck in that destroyed building.