Chapter 18: The Shock

WARNING: This chapter gets a little sexual but it's pretty mild.

"Come on, Wilks! That can't be all you got!"

Farah gritted her teeth and threw another hard punch straight at Steve's face. They were on a mat in the training room while Tony, Clint, and Natasha were all sitting on a bench watching them spar.

"She seems like a great kid, but it's Cap, there is no way she is going to win, she is like a foot shorter than him," Clint said shaking his head, resting his chin on the palm of his hand. Natasha furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Clint, I am shorter than you and I could still kick your ass any day," Nat said, rolling her eyes a bit and looking back at the pair that was sparring. Tony shook his head at the two of them, his attention on the tablet sitting in his lap.

"My money is on Sparky, she'll get in a few good punches and then fry him," Tony said nonchalantly without looking up. Clint raised an eyebrow at him and turned his attention back to the fighting.

Farah threw a punch straight to Steve's jaw and he surprisingly wasn't able to block it. She felt a wave of triumph run through her and she stood up taller, a small smirk plastered on her face. That, of course, was a mistake since Cap took this opportunity to attack her. She dodged a couple of his punches but he grabbed her arm, causing Farah to get really worked up at this point.

As Cap had a hold of her left arm, she used her right arm to punch him in his straight chest. Unfortunately for Steve, a purple stream of lightning came out of her hand and as she made contact with him, he was sent him flying backward. It took Farah a second to realize what had happened, but when she saw Steve halfway across the room, she became horrified.

"Oh my god, I just fried Captain America!" Farah said covering her mouth with her hand, hurrying over to him.

Tony finally looked up from his tablet and held out a hand to Clint and Nat, "Pay up."

The duo rolled their eyes, ignoring Tony's arrogance. They quickly got up and ran over to Steve to make sure he was okay. Luckily, he was fine, he was actually pretty impressed. He had gotten the wind knocked out of him before, but if that was on a regular human, she could have temporarily paralyzed them. Farah looked at him, feeling really terrible and hoping he wasn't going to be mad.

Tony stood up and glanced at them all huddled around Steve. It was clear that Farah had potential, and he couldn't help but begin to brainstorm ideas for what her mission suit would look like. He just smiled to himself a little before walking out of the room.

--------

After almost turning Captain America into toast, Farah decided she needed a shower to rinse off all the bad energy.

She scrubbed her hair and kept replaying what had happened in her head. All she had done was fight him like she was taught, she didn't mean to use her powers. Farah felt like she was losing all of the control she had over self and that was terrifying to her. She simply sighed, trying to not get lost in her thoughts as she scrubbed the rest of her body and face. After about twenty minutes, she got out and wrapped a towel around herself, walking back into her bedroom.

She gently brought the end of the towel up to her face, letting out a long sigh as she dried it off. Farah was about to go and put clothes on when she saw someone sitting on the end of her bed, causing her to jump and nearly giving her a heart attack. She sighed in relief when she realized it was just Pietro, a bored look resting on his face. She then got very self-conscious about herself since she was only in a towel, which she wrapped tighter around her body.

"Jesus Maximoff, you nearly scared me half to death," Farah said looking at him, her arms crossed over her chest as she held up the cloth to cover herself. Pietro glanced over at her and smirked when he saw she was just wearing a towel, his expression filling with mischief. Farah rolled her eyes at him and walked into the closet, feeling a bit uncomfortable not being clothed. She knew he couldn't see her in there so she began to dress herself, putting on an oversized sweatshirt and a pair of leggings.