Chapter 81: The Coffee

WARNING: This chapter depicts mature themes of sexual assault/domestic abuse. 18+ content, stay safe friends :) I'll put *** when the flashback starts and ends.

About a week after the announcement of the Stark Expo, Farah was preparing for her final exams.

No one had seen her for pretty much the entire week, she had locked herself up in her room and barely would take time to breathe. Everyone was concerned about her, especially Pietro and Thor. She would occasionally let Pietro into the room but she would have to kick him out since he would distract her so much.

As for Thor, well the last conversation the two of them had was right after the meeting. Farah had explained her haunting dream and it really concerned Thor. In his lifetime, Thor had experienced many dreams and visions, but what she saw reminded him more of a warning. This of course freaked Farah out and also contributed to her self isolation. What the hell could it have been warning her about? She knew her friends weren't evil so this just made her more confused.

Farah was baffled by everything going on around her so she decided that sticking her nose in a book would distract her from the overwhelming questions in her head.

So, there she was, sitting at her desk and scribbling down notes from a textbook. She had four final exams to take tomorrow and she was not going to jeopardize her chance of graduating. She was so incredibly close and she refused to give up now. All that she wanted was to be able to walk across that stage, grab her diploma, and tell herself she did it.

Farah was extremely focused on her writing, she was so intense about it that she snapped the tip of the pencil she was using. She snarled her lip and looked down at it, slowly resting her forehead on the desk with a groan. Her head felt like it was being filled with eighty thoughts per minute. There was so much material in her brain that she was pretty sure she could recite her entire physics textbook.

She kept her head like that for a few minutes, just hearing the sound of her clock ticking in the background. It was rather soothing to listen to, it was so steady that she never had to worry about the beat of it changing. After a few more minutes, she picked her head up and a piece of paper stuck to her forehead.

Farah made a scoffing noise and pulled the sheet off, rolling her eyes at the grease stain that was now on it. She groaned a little and rested her head on her hand, looking at all the pictures on her desk.

She smiled a little at a picture of her, Peter, and Wanda at the carnival all those weeks ago. The three were standing in front of a carnival game, Wanda and Farah squishing Peter in a hug. The poor boy still looked petrified from the haunted house that Wanda made him go through and Farah couldn't help but chuckle at the memory that Pietro had captured for them. Next to that frame was another picture, except this one was of a candid photo of her and Pietro.

It was a heartwarming photograph that Wanda had taken of the two without their knowledge. Farah honestly had no idea when the picture was taken, but in the image she was slung over Pietro's shoulder like a sack of potatoes, laughing hysterically. Her face was all red from the blood rushing to her head and Pietro was grinning ear to ear, genuinely beaming at her. He was holding on to her legs so she didn't fall and she was gripping onto his leg for dear life.

The picture was probably Farah's favorite of the two of them, though they didn't really have a lot of pictures of them together. When they spent time with one another, they are usually so invested in each other's company that they forget to take pictures. Every time they agreed they needed more photos together, they always got caught up in something else.

Farah sighed and glanced over once again, looking at all the trinkets she had sitting in front of her. It was easy for her to get distracted by things, especially like that. She shook her head and picked up her flashcards, trying to get herself to focus again.