Chapter 41: The Lake

WARNING: This chapter contains sexual and mature content. 18+ content.

Farah was walking around the compound with a set of flashcards in her hand.

She had a big exam coming up for one of her classes and she needed to stay on track in order to graduate. Ever since she began her Avenger training and dating Pietro, she had fallen behind on her studies.

Farah was testing herself and for some reason, she always found it easier for her to study when she was moving around. She sighed and flipped her cards as she walked out of the compound and into the fresh air. She glanced up and had a strange feeling someone was watching her.

She looked around, there were security camera's but it felt like there were eyes on her. Farah then had a horrifying thought.

There were security cameras everywhere.

She widened her eyes and walked further towards the woods and put a hand over her mouth. This means that people probably saw her get eaten out by Pietro in the kitchen and literally anytime they had been intimate that wasn't in their rooms.

Farah shook her head as she walked down a path but was caught off guard when she saw someone with familiar brown hair sitting up against a tree looking down at a book.

"Dylan?" She asked peaking around the tree. He looked up from his book and gave her a kind smile. He wasn't a very talkative person, but it was mostly because he was bad in large groups.

"Oh," He said closing his book, "Hey Farah," Dylan said politely, kind of just looking down at his shoes. He stood up and kind of awkwardly scratched the back of his head. Farah bit her cheek, he looked bored but also anxious.

"Hey, I was thinking about going down to the lake to study, I haven't actually seen it yet. Want to come?" She asked with a small smile. Dylan just looked at her with his big hazel eyes and smiled, nodding.

Farah made a waving gesture as she continued to walk down the path. They had never really hung out together without Sasha or Collin so it took them a minute to get adjusted to each other. Farah smirked to herself.

"Sooooo," She said, "You and Collin? When did that become a thing?" Farah asked looking over at him. Dylan blushed and shook his head.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," He said as they walked down the pathway. Farah sighed and looked down at her feet.

"I may or may not have seen you two in the broom closet at Tony's party" Farah said looking at him. Dylan widened his eyes and got really flustered.

"Oh uh-um yeah that was nothing so let's just forget about it, okay?" He said with a beet red face. Farah nodded, not wanting to embarrass him any further.

"Yeah, sure" She said kindly as they walked down the path. Farah's jaw practically dropped when she saw the lake.

It was giant and had trees surrounding it. The sun was hitting it perfectly so the surface was golden and you could see pieces of pollen floating in the air. The water was hitting some rocks on the shoreline gently, almost like it was caressing them. It was peaceful and quiet, not something you would expect to be outside of the compound. Farah couldn't believe she hadn't been here sooner. 

"This is beautiful" She said with her mouth wide open. Dylan smiled and looked around.

"Yeah, it's breathtaking, isn't it?" He said completely forgetting about the conversation they were just having. Farah nodded and sat down in the grass, taking a deep breath. The air was so fresh and crisp, it reminded her of Montana.