Chapter 66: The Confession

What's this? A double update? I am just as shocked as you are.

I was blasting Tiny Dancer by Elton John while writing this...enjoy :)

~~~

Pietro was sitting in the lounge room reading a book.

He was more scanning it, not really comprehending anything but he couldn't figure out why. He heard a voice from over his shoulder and he sat up to see Wanda looking at him.

She had blood all over her shirt and a traumatized expression on her face. Pietro felt his body go into autopilot and he stood up with a concerned look on his face.

"What happened?" Pietro felt himself say. Wanda just looked at him with a pained expression, walking towards her brother and placing a hand on his arm.

"Piet..." Wanda said, looking him in the eyes, "It is Farah."

Pietro gave her a confused look, "I- what? Is she okay?" He asked, walking towards the door. Wanda grabbed his arm.

"Piet wait," She said on the verge of tears, "We were on our mission and I tried to shield her-" Wanda added, not able to finish the sentence. Pietro just furrowed his eyebrows and then had a realization. He felt his heart sink.

"No," Pietro said to her, backing up, "No," He added frantically. In a swift motion, he was using his speed and racing down the hall. Wanda was calling after him but he ignored it, focusing on finding Farah.

He looked everywhere he could think of and he still hadn't found her. Pietro finally made his way to Bruce's lab and he felt his heart fall out of his body.

Farah was laying on the examining table, her clothes were bloodstained and there were bullet holes all over her body. Bruce and Tony were standing next to her as Bruce shook his head, grabbing a white sheet and laying it over her body.

Pietro ran over, shaking his head vigorously. He pulled the white sheet back, seeing her lifeless face. He felt tears start to form in his eyes as he looked at the bruises on her once-perfect skin. Her lips were pale and lifeless, just like the rest of her skin.

He felt a tear roll down his face as he placed a hand on her cheek, "No, you do not get to die," Pietro said to her. He felt like someone had ripped his heart out of his body and stomped on it. He gently rubbed her cheek and grabbed her hand, bringing it to his lips.

Her skin was stone cold and all he wanted was to feel the warmth of her touch again. Bruce walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Pietro-"

"She cannot be dead," Pietro said, looking up at him with eyes full of tears, "This was not supposed to happen," He added, now feeling anger fill his body. He looked back at Farah's dead body, wishing she would open her eyes one last time.

He wanted to hear her talk or laugh, but she couldn't. She was dead and there was nothing Pietro could have done to stop it.

Pietro just placed his hand back on her cheek and felt himself start to cry harder, it felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing him in the chest. He brought his face closer to hers, pressing his forehead against her cheek.

"I love you."

Pietro sat up in his bed, frantically looking around in a panic.

He was hyperventilating at this point, placing a hand on his chest. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he jumped, turning his head.

"Hey, it's alright," Farah said to him soothingly and half-asleep. He had been moving around a lot in his sleep and had woken her up when he began to panic. Pietro felt his body relax as he saw her.