Chapter 61: The Mud

WARNING: This chapter depicts the use of guns (paintball/airsoft). There is some sexual content. 18+ content. (There might be some typos oops)

~~~

"I cannot believe you picked this."

"Hey, you said you wouldn't complain, Speedy."

"Oh, I am not complaining, Zappy, I am just surprised."

And so there Farah and Pietro were, both dressed head to toe in camouflage gear and eye masks, paintball guns in their hands. Farah just looked up at Pietro with a giant smile on her face and he just shook his head, returning the expression.

They were standing side by side in a line across from another group of people, (Who were mostly preteen boys), waiting to be let out onto the field. A referee had explained the rules to them and split them into teams.

Farah was honestly kind of upset she was on the same team as Pietro, she really wanted to kick his ass. She had been paintballing ever since she was a kid, her family would have a reunion each year and they would always play a game. It mostly ended with her cousins arguing over who won, but it was always fun and Farah had been surprisingly good at it.

She looked over at the young boys standing across from her when an idea hit her head. She glanced over at Pietro who looked at her with a raised eyebrow. He was going to say something when a man next to him began to speak.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" He asked Pietro with a raised eyebrow. The man was rather tall with a big bushy beard and a shiny bald head. Pietro just held back his smirk and shook his head.

"No, I do not think so."

"Are you sure? You look like one of those...Honey, what are they called?" The man said, turning over his shoulder and looking at the woman standing next to him. They both had on paintball gear like Farah and Pietro. The woman just rolled her eyes.

"You mean the Urvengers?" She said, completely butchering the name. Pietro just gave them a confused look, glancing over his shoulder to see Farah's reaction. He was of course surprised when instead of seeing her green eyes and curly hair, he saw the face of a prepubescent boy with braces and a unibrow that needed to be plucked.

Pietro furrowed his eyebrows and looked around, confused to see Farah now standing across from him with a mischievous smile on her face.

She had bribed that kid with ten dollars to switch teams with her. Pietro scoffed to himself a little and was about to call over to her when the referee came back and escorted the teams in separately.

Pietro just met eyes with Farah as they walked in separate directions. She raised her hand to her forehead and gave him a salute, causing him to shake his head.

Once the two teams got to the field, they were given five minutes to strategize. Farah decided she was going to take on the task of leading and assigning parts to her group.

She pointed at a kid, "You, mullet kid, you take the furthest left bunker and don't let anyone see you, it's better to do it secretly," Farah said intently as her team was huddled up, it mostly consisted of twelve-year-old boys.

The boy just looked at her, nodding. Farah then looked at two other boys and pointed to two of the back bunkers.

"Billy and Tommy," Farah said, causing the two boys to furrow their eyebrows at her, "You are taking the back and your main goal is to protect anyone from getting us out from behind."

"Those aren't our names."

"Well they are now," Farah said looking at one of the boys who just spoke. He frowned and shook his head, not really liking Farah. It was his birthday and he wanted to be the one calling shots.