Chapter 63: The Humming

WARNING: This chapter depicts an anxiety attack/mentions nausea and vomiting.

I cried while writing this and it's dramatic but it made me feel things.

~~~

Farah blinked and found herself standing in the middle of the street.

She looked around in confusion, not knowing how she got there. It was day time out and something in front of her caught her attention.

It was a house, a big house to be exact. It was old and Victorian, its front windows were long, showing the living room clearly for anyone to see.

But that wasn't what caught her eye, it was the person standing on the front lawn of the house that did. Farah took a few steps closer and felt her blood run cold.

It was herself.

She looked exactly the same, her honey-colored hair in its usual curl pattern. She was looking intently at the windows, not caring about anything else around her.

Farah just looked at herself, extremely confused. As she walked further, the trees above her began to change color, as if they were changing seasons to autumn.

She walked closer to herself, seeing that her clone was just staring intently at the windows. She stood next to herself to see what she was looking at.

As if on queue, a blue blur raced through the living room. Farah smiled to herself when she saw Pietro standing in the living room in front of a couch.

Farah tilted her head as a little girl was chasing after him. She watched as he scooped her up into his arms and planted a fat kiss on her cheek. Pietro looked a little older, probably well into his 30's at this point.

She then felt her heart drop as she watched a woman walk into the living room, walking over and kissing him on the lips. She had dark hair and a darker complexion. Farah had no idea who she was, but it didn't matter.

All she knew was that woman was not her.

The woman kissed the little girl on the head and Pietro wrapped an arm around her waist. They looked genuinely happy together and Farah felt a pain rise in her chest.

The trees above her then changed again and now it was snowing.

Pietro was standing in the living room again, but he looks another decade older. He had some wrinkle lines on his face and the roots of his hair were slowly turning grey. Although the tips were still white so it was just fading into that.

The woman from before walked in, looking older as well. Pietro wrapped an arm around her waist and watched as a teenage girl walked into the room. She was wearing what looked to be a prom dress and she twirled around in front of the two.

Farah realized that she was the young girl from before, now just older. It was clear that it was Pietro and that woman's child, which sent a wave of pain through Farah's heart. She glanced over at her clone and furrowed her eyebrows.

She looked exactly the same. She hadn't aged or changed at all. She still looked like her 22-year-old self. The only difference was that there was a slow tear rolling down her cheek.

All of a sudden, the trees above them began to change rapidly and Farah turned her attention back towards the house. She watched through the windows as the images before her changed rapidly like the trees.

It went from Pietro and the woman looking at their daughter in a graduation cap, to them seeing her in a wedding dress, to them watching her hold a newborn baby in her arms. Pietro and the woman continuously aged, them both getting new wrinkles and grey spots in their hair every time.