Chapter 43: The Doubt

WARNING: This chapter contains sexual and mature content. 18+ content.

Farah was tapping her foot impatiently.

She was sitting in the Conference Room watching Tony, Pietro, and Bruce all talk to each other outside. Farah shook her head. She was pretty sure that they thought she was crazy.

When Farah told Tony and Bruce what had happened, she was pretty sure they thought she had just had a hallucination. They kept claiming that what she saw was impossible, but Farah wasn't insane. What she saw was real.

She shook her head as the four talked, Pietro would occasionally glance into the room and give her a sympathetic look. Farah just tried to not roll her eyes. She didn't want pity, she just wanted someone to believe her.

Farah couldn't stop thinking about that symbol she saw on the tree. It was so exact and it just disappeared. She glanced over and saw a piece of paper and a pen so she grabbed it, beginning to sketch the symbol she saw.

She made it very exact, the three triangles perfectly intersecting. It was strange, she almost felt like she was in a trance when she drew it. Farah was snapped out of her concentration when she heard someone sit down across from her. She glanced up.

It was Pietro.

Farah sighed, "They think I'm crazy, don't they?" She said looking into his blue eyes. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Zappy, they just do not think what you saw was real," Pietro said biting the inside of his cheek. Farah shook her head and leaned back in her chair.

"You probably don't believe me either then," She said looking down at her drawing. Pietro raised his eyebrow.

"I never said I did not believe you, I do, I just wish there was proof of what you saw," He said leaning closer to her with his eyes furrowed, "Farah, if what you say is true, you could be in danger and I care a lot about that" Pietro added as she met his eyes.

Farah's face softened a bit and she sighed as Bruce and Tony walked into the room. Tony sat down on the end of the table and Bruce sat next to him. They both just looked at her.

There was a long moment of silence.

"So are you going to say anything or are we going to have this staring contest forever?" Farah asked sarcastically. Tony sighed.

"Sparky, it's not that we don't believe you..." He said looking at Bruce and then back at Farah, "It's just what you are saying makes no sense." Tony added and Farah held back her eye roll, she just looked at Pietro who had an unreadable expression on his face. Bruce glared at Tony and cleared his throat.

"Farah, we pulled up the security footage and, well," He said walking over to one of the screens and changing it to the security tape. It began to play, "No one else is there."

Farah furrowed her eyebrows and looked at the screen in confusion. She saw herself running through the hallway and was waiting for the cloaked people to chase her. They sat there for two minutes and nothing followed her.

She shook her head, "Ok so maybe they didn't come into the compound?" Farah said getting rather frustrated. Bruce scratched the back of his neck.

"We checked the outside footage too, Farah, no one was following you," Bruce said added trying to give her a look of sympathy. She just shook her head and felt herself start to get angry.

"I know what I saw, okay?" Farah said looking at them, "I can't explain it, but I know it was real" She added getting a little overwhelmed. Farah was honestly just scared, I mean who wouldn't be after they felt unsafe in the safest place in the world?