Chapter 72: The Mechanic, Part 2

WARNING: This chapter contains mature and sexual content. 18+ content.

~~~

As Farah and Pietro walked into the barn, they were greeted by Sharie's giant workspace.

The inside of the structure was littered with old tools and welding masks. Three workbenches lined the back wall, all filled with old car parts. There were quite a few power tools as well, mostly hanging from the sides of the barn.

Farah looked around with a small smile, it still had the slight smell of oil to it. This was Sharie's at-home workspace that Farah used to sneak into all the time. She could remember countless times when she would tinker with her mom's things in the middle of the night. This is the place where she found her love of engineering.

Pietro looked around the barn, a giant pile of hay catching his eye in the corner. There were about three bales all stacked on top of each other. He raised an eyebrow and took a step towards it, confused as to why they had it. He hadn't seen any horses outside so he wasn't sure why they needed it. He was about to ask Farah before he heard her gasp, causing him to turn his head.

Farah happily walked over to a car that was jacked up near the workbenches. She smiled and walked over to it, running her hand over the dark green paint. It was an old 1985 Volkswagon Beetle that used to be hers. The paint was a little scratched and it looked like her mom had been fixing the front bumper.

"Delores!" Farah exclaimed in excitement. Pietro watched as she laid her body on the side like she was hugging it.

"Did you just hug a car? And call it Delores?" He asked, crossing his arms with a small smile. Pietro was enjoying watching her get so excited and enthusiastic over something. Farah just nodded, still looking at the car.

"Yes, of course I did," Farah said like it was obvious, "This used to be my car in high school, I named her Delores after the Delorean," She added, running her finger over a piece of the chipped windshield. Pietro was still confused as to what a 'Delorean' was but he decided to just not ask questions.

Farah sighed and looked at the tires, letting her hand graze over the rubber. The car reminded her of Malia and all the adventures they used to have in it. She couldn't help but think of the time the car broke down in the middle of the road and the two best friends had to push it down the street in the rain. She smiled sadly, looking down at her hand, realizing she had gotten a little dirt on it from touching the tires.

She sighed and walked over to one of the workbenches, grabbing a bottle of hand sanitizer off it. Farah turned over her shoulder and looked at Pietro, grabbing his hand and placing a glob of the antibacterial liquid into his palm, doing the same for herself.

Pietro furrowed his eyebrows and looked at it, rubbing it into his hands, "Why do I need some?" He asked curiously, looking down at the liquid. Farah leaned against the workbench and gave him a sarcastic look.

"Because you just touched a chicken."

"Well, you know," Pietro said with a smug look on his face, "There is a cock that you could touch too."

Farah snorted a bit and looked at him, smiling a little and shaking her head. Pietro had a rather cocky look on his face (Ironic, I know) as she turned around to put the hand sanitizer back. She bit her lip a little and looked back at him, making eye contact for a second before facing the workbench again.

"Oh? Why don't you show me?" Farah said, still facing away from him. Pietro wasn't expecting that response and he was honestly a little turned on by it. Farah didn't really expect her response either, but she knew they were alone so she went with it.