Chapter 26: The Whiskey

WARNING: This chapter contains depictions of alcohol and underage drinking.

Also, Sparks is at #1 in the pietromaximoff hashtag and that is literally INSANE! Thank y'all so much!

~~~

Farah walked out of the compound and onto the field with a huff. 

Recently it had been very easy for Farah to get worked up, actually, it was easy for her to just get emotional in general. Maybe it had something to do with her newfound powers, or maybe it's because she isn't half-human. She didn't know but she definitely knew how she felt. 

Farah saw a familiar pink buzzcut as she walked out onto one of the fields. She saw Collin there too and when she walked over she didn't even give them a chance to say hello. 

"I need to shoot some shit."

"Why hello there Farah, it is very nice to see you too," Sasha said with a sarcastic smile as she walked towards Farah. Collin walked over with her and Farah honestly just seemed like she had a lot of pent-up emotions. 

"Hey if you are mad about what happened earlier with that douchebag-"

Farah cut him off with a glare. Yeah, she was annoyed at Pietro but she was still going to defend him. 

"Let's just not talk about Maximoff right now, okay?" Farah said walking towards the targets they had set up. They were about fifty feet away from her and rather small. There was no way she was going to hit them. Sasha widened her eyes and raised her eyebrows causing the piercing on her brow to move. 

"Woah Woah Woah," Sasha said as she and Collin walked behind Farah, "Maximoff? Like the Avenger?" She said looking at Collin and he nodded. Sasha just kept going. 

"Like the really hot one that can do all that mind control shit?" Sasha exclaimed, "Oh Farah you have GOT to introduce me to her" She added completely ignoring the head shake that Collin gave her. Farah looked over her shoulder. 

"Collin isn't talking about Wanda, he's talking about Pietro," She said with a slight eye-roll as she tried to focus on the targets in front of her. She mustered up a lot of energy and was only able to shoot a small spark about ten feet.  Sasha rested her arm on Collins's shoulder as they watched. 

"Ahhh I see," Sasha said, "So the other twin that makes snarky comments about everything and could probably kill an entire orphanage and still get any girl he wants in bed with him." 

"Yeah, that's the one" Farah muttered, just trying to focus on what was in front of her. Sasha nodded her head and looked at Collin who was smirking to himself about what she had said.

He really just didn't like Pietro. 

There was silence as Farah began to produce electricity. She didn't even notice how worked up she had gotten about what Sasha said. She didn't know why, but it was just bothering her. Farah shook her head and just kept shooting purple streaks of lightning out of her hands. 

Most of the hits landed at least thirty feet away from her target and Farah just kept getting more frustrated, causing her bolts to get larger. Even though it was a lot of power, it was draining her and she wasn't sure she could practice much longer. 

Sasha and Collin were watching intently as she tried to hit her targets. Sasha just leaned closer to Collin so she was closer to his ear. 

"Do you think she is getting stronger?" Sasha asked as she leaned closer to him. Collin crossed and narrowed his eyes. He bit the inside of his cheek. 

"Yeah, yeah I think she is."

--------

After Farah's training session with Collin and Sasha, she practically collapsed onto her bed. She was exhausted physically, but also mentally. After her argument with Pietro, she just felt really emotional, and luckily she was able to take a bit of that out on her target practice. Farah just sighed and felt herself fall asleep.