◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 → "𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡" ♡︎

• ° + ° •

vintage x photographer!reader

° • + • °

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ̈

It was a sunny day in the middle of June, and you were currently getting ready for Splatcon. Splatcon was a yearly convention that was hosted in the middle of Inkopolis, and it was one of- if not the most popular con in the region. Tons of cephalopods bot tickets to attend it every year, so it was always usually pretty packed. A lot of popular teams from around Inkopolis came to this con too, Teams like Team Emperor and X- Blood.

You were a photographer for Splatcon, going around and taking pictures to put in the Splatcon Highlights slideshow they posted to their official social media accounts after the con was over. You also had a partner who went around and helped you take photos, his name was Jonah. He had turquoise tentacles which were tied into a low ponytail with a tentacle hanging off the side of his head. He was a pretty cool dude, you enjoyed his company and y'all where pretty much best friends.

Back to the present, there was about a half an hour before the con officially started. and you where making sure you had everything you needed to go do your job.

Alright, camera? Check. Water bottle? Check. Backpack? Check. Jonah? Check. Cool,
I'm about ready. You said in your head, while checking things off of an imaginary checklist.

"Hey Jonah, you have everything you need? You asked. "Yeah- One sec! lemme go grab some snacks real quick." He said before jogging to a nearby vending machine. You nodded at him, before making sure your cameras settings were all set.

When Jonah had come back, he had a stash of snacks like fruit gummies, granola bars, and some chips in his arms (If you don't like any of that then imagine something else ig lol). You guys had put them in your backpacks and headed off to go take photos because the con had now started.

It was about 2 hours later, and you had managed to take pictures of people like the S4, Team Gloves and Team Blue. You and Jonah were sitting down at a table outside of the conversation hall and were discussing ideas of people who you guys could ask to take pictures of. You guys were talking about possibly finding team Emperor, when you had happened to glance into the convention hall and had spotted them.

Team X- Blood.

You highly doubted that you would even be able to get near them to take photos since there was a huge crowd surrounding them, but hey it was worth the shot.

"Hey Jonah, what about X- Blood?" You had mentioned to him, pointing to them in the hall.

"(Y/N), you cannot be serious. We wouldn't be able to get within a 2 mile radius of them without being trampled or something." Jonah said, giving you a wtf are you thinking look.

"I mean yeah, it's unlikely we'll be able to get near them, but at least we can say we tried?" you replied, shrugging.

"Ok yeah yeah, fine. Let's try it I guess." Jonah sighed, before getting up and walking towards the entrance to the hall. You closely followed him.

When you had arrived, a line had formed to meet them, and it was pretty long. Jonah sighed and said "Oh boy this is gonna take a while."

When you guys finally made it to the front of the line, you had walked up to X-Blood and started fi explain what you had came for.

"So basically we're official photographers for this convention, and we're looking for teams to photograph to put into the highlights slideshow that can be seen on social media after the convention." You explained, holding up your camera.

"Yeah sure whatever." Vintage replied, rolling his eyes and stuffing his hands into his pockets. The rest of his teammates also agreed to the photoshoot.

"Ok great! So you just need to pose and smile." Jonah said, holding his camera to his face. Team X-Blood smiled and posed, you you two both started to take pictures of them. When you guys were done taking the photos, you guys thanked the team for letting you guys take photos of them, and then huddled up and started to look at each others photos, discussing which ones you should keep. While you were distracted, Vintage was secretly admiring you. He watched the way your (I/C) tentacles glowed in the sunlight, the way your lips moved when you talked, and the way your eyes glowed. He didn't notice he was blushing until Double- Egg had pointed it out.

"Hey dude, whatcha blushing at?" He questions, looking in the way Vintage was staring, eyes landing on you. "Ooohh- I see. Does someone have a little crush?" He said, teasing him.

"S-shut up, would you?" Vintage scoffed, rolling his eyes and turning away.

"Come on dude, give them your number or something! It's not everyday you see a (I/O) that beautiful/handsome/attractive." Double- Egg said, nudging Vintage with his elbow.

"Tch, yeah fine whatever.." Vintage said finally giving in. He quickly grabbed a nearby piece of tiny scrap paper and quickly wrote his number down before walking up to you. You and Jonah finally finished deciding which photos looked best and were getting ready to leave and find more people. You turned around to see Vintage walking up to you.

"Here you go." He said, practically shoving the piece of paper into your hands, before quickly walking off back to his team. You opened up the paper and read what it said.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
call me later or something.
-vintage

"Ooh, does someone have a date now?" Jonah teased, looking at the paper from over your shoulder.

"Oh s-shut up.." You said, becoming a little embarrassed. You had shoved the piece of paper into your pocket, and began to walk off with Jonah to another part of the convention.

You planned on calling him when you got home.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ̈

lets goo

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭