◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐒𝐊𝐔𝐋𝐋 → "𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬" ♡︎

•   °    +   °   •  

skull x quiet!reader

another quiet reader! why? i dont know!!!!!!!!!! :D

(btw this is kinda inspired by the manga komi cant communicate its rlly good go read it now or else)

°   •    +   •   °  

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

You sighed as you had just completed your 187th lap around the square. This is what you did almost everyday, having very little friends.

You were quiet. Like- QUIET quiet. You barely made any noises. You haven't really said anything for the past year or so.

You really wanted to make friends. But the thing was- whenever you tried to speak to someone you started sweating uncontrollably and your throat would dry up. Your body would tense up, and your eyes would widen. And then after a few awkward moments you would run away out of embarrassment.

You had decided that enough was enough. You decided that it was tome to get over this silly little habit of yours. You had set a goal to try and make 100 friends by the end of the year.

So far, it was NOT going well for you.

You had tried to communicate with numerous people, but the same thing would always happen. You started to sweat uncontrollably, throat would turn into the Sahara, your body would tense and freeze, and your eyes widen to the size of dinner-plates.

Which brought your to where you were now, pacing around the square. You were deep in thought, thinking of a new plan. Maybe you could get a notepad and pen and write everything down? Text things on your phone?

With you being so deep in your brain, you hadn't noticed that you were about to run into a group of inklings.

You were suddenly snapped out of your thoughts when you walked face first into someones back. You heard a grunt.

"Hm?" You blinked in surprise and looked up to see who you had bumped into.

Big. Mistake.

You undoubtedly just ran into the most INTIMIDATING and SCARY looking person you have ever seen in your life. Yay!

"Uhhh... hello?" The scary skeleton mask person looked down at you with furrowed eyebrows. This was it- you were gonna die! This moment will be written on your obituary, you will be put 6 feet under to eternally rest in peace-

"Stop it Skull, can't you see your scaring them? Look at their face!"

"I'm not even doing anything!"

"God, let me do this." A pink tentacled inkling happily hopped up to you and stuck out a hand. "Heya! I'm Aloha, what's your name, cutie?"

You felt your forehead and palms start to sweat, your muscles tense up, your throat dry up, and your eyes widen. No! You were doing the thing again!

"Ehh... hello?" The inkling named "Aloha" was looking at you with a confused expression on his face, hand still out, waiting for your to shake it. You just stared.

"Theyyyy'ree probablyyy scareddd of you toooo, Alohaa..." An inkling wearing a scary looking gas mask slurred out. Aloha looked back at him and scoffed. "Shaddup you!"

He then turned back to you. "Not the talkative type, I see!" He looked from you, to Skull bandana man, back to you, than skull bandana man... and so forth.

"Hey Skully, why don't you try to make them talk?" Aloha backed up to make room for "Skully".

"I told you not to call me that." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "But whatever."

He walked up to you and slightly bent down to your level. "Hello." He said. No response.

"Hello." Nothing.

"Hello." Still nothing.

"Hello." Nope.

"Stop saying hello, they aren't gonna respond." An Orange inkling said, looking up from his diary-book-thingy that he was previously reading. He quickly went back to reading it though. "Skully" rolled his eyes before turning his attention back to you.

"Um... want a lollipop?" He asked, pulling out one from one of his pockets. You sharply inhaled. You always had a bit of a sweet tooth. You quickly snatched it from his hands.

"T-thanks..." You quietly muttered.

Oh. My. God. You talked!

"Oh... no problem." He said. He looked a bit surprised that he managed to make you talk.

"Uh... do.. do you wanna be my friend..." You quietly asked him, averting your eyes. Alright, the question was out, now to prepare yourself for rejection-

"Sure."

Your eyes lit up at this, and you had the tiniest smile on your face.

One friend down, 99 more to go!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

i had no idea how the hell to end this so sorry if it seems rushed. Anyways im tired so goodnivht and sorry if this is bad

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭