◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 → "𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬" ♡︎

•   °    +   °   •  

prince x childhood-friend!reader

request by @derpy_inkling

°   •    +   •   °  

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ̈

You and Prince have been childhood friends since like, forever. You two had met at a local park, and had hit it off almost instantly. You two had always hung out when you got the chance, and were practically inseparable. And over time, you two began to grow little crushes on each other. But the thing was, you thought Prince didn't like you back. But oh boy were you wrong. He thought about you practically every single day, but he was too shy to say anything. And then he joined Team Emperor which filled up his schedule so unfortunately you two didn't get to hang out as much, but you still kept in touch.

Currently, you were heading to Crusty Seans because it was one of those rare occasions were Prince was free for the day, so he asked to hang out. Of course you said yes, so now you were sitting down at a table waiting for him. A couple minutes had passed until you saw a hooded individual, and you already knew it was Prince. He probably was wearing to to not get recognized. Fair enough.

He walked up to your table and sat down, making sure nobody was watching before taking his hood off.

"Hey (Y/N)! I missed you!" He greeted.

"Hey Prince. I missed you too." You said while giving him a small smile.

"Sorry we haven't really been able to hangout a lot, my brother has been making me go to tons of practices, so my schedule gets kind of full." He apologized, with one if his hands behind his neck.

"Oh don't worry, It's fine. I have been kinda busy with my team too, we're preparing for a match against Riders team. Speaking of which, how have your battles been?" You asked him, giving a small smile.

"Oh, our battles have been going absolutely great!" He exclaimed. He then happily continued to tell you all about how Team Emperor continues to dominate turf wars, all the training they had to do to get there, and so forth. You listened to every tiny detail he had to say, genuinely interested. It wasn't long before your mind began to wander though, and you started to think about your two's relationship.

Does he really like me back, or am I just creating false hope for myself? Is just friends all we're ever gonna be? You thought sadly as your smile began to fall. Prince noticed this and stopped talking.

"Hey (Y/N), are you okay? You look a little sad." He had asked with a worried expression on his face.

You immediately came back to reality. "Oh- don't worry I'm fine." You answered, although you knew you weren't really fine.

"You still look a little sad. I know something that will definitely cheer you up!" He stated, suddenly getting up and grabbing your hands, which gave you some butterflies. It was about 6:57 at night and the stars were starting a show a tiny bit.

He continued to drag you through Inkopolis, when suddenly he stopped at a large field just on the outskirts. There was a large Willow Tree on a hill in the middle of the field with a pond next to it. If you looked up, you could clearly see the moon and stars. It was beautiful.

Prince led you up the hill, sitting down against the tree. You sat next to him. You two just looked up at the sky, admiring how pretty it looked that night. You could also hear the occasional chirping of crickets in the distance and the sound of the pond water splashing.

Prince then turned to you, blushing a little.

"H- hey (Y/N)? I g-got something to ask you..." He said, looking down and fumbling with his fingers a little bit.

"What is it, Prince?" You asked him. He then looked up, meeting your eyes. You could see he was mad blushing.

"Do you- um... like me?" He asked you with hope in his eyes.

"Of course I like you, isn't that why we are friends?" You asked, tilting you head a little in confusion (you silly goose).

"No- no! I m-mean like.. as in a romantic way?" He asked in a skeptical tone.

You weren't prepared for this question, so you kinda choked on air. You were contemplating telling him no, just to save you the embarrassment incase he didn't like you back, but you didn't want to lie to him.

"Oh.. yeah I guess I do like you.." You said with butterflies practically taking over your insides. Prince then exploded in blush.

"O-oh! Well I d-do too!" He quickly spit out. You just kinda looked at him before fully comprehending what he said. Your eyes widened and you started sputtering out nonsense.

While you were internally freaking out, Prince had carefully grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours while looking away bash fully.

When you had calmed down you looked at Prince and smiled a little, and he smiled back.

For the rest of the night, you two just sat together looking at the stars, enjoying eachothers company.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ̈

lallalaallalalalalala

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭