◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊 → "𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫" ☁︎︎

⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝

mask x reader

⌞ ° • + • ° ⌟

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

BOOM!

The flash of lightning filled the small room. The thunder boomed soon after. The rain was pounding against the window, droplets running down.

You were trying to fall asleep. Keyword- trying. You see the thing is, you were terrified of thunder and lightning. So naturally you weren't having a very fun time.

You were currently hiding under the covers of your bed, shaking with your hand against your ears hoping to drown out the booming of the storm outside. But your efforts proved to be useless as you could still hear it loud and clear. You were on the verge of tears. Why can't this damn thing just go away already??

Then, you suddenly got an idea. You peeked your head over the covers and quickly grabbed your squidphone and putting your head back under. You unlocked your phone and dialed a number. It started ringing.

Ring!!!!

Ring!!!!

Someone picked up. "(Y/NNNNN), ittt'sss fffuucckkiiinngg 12:00 att niiigghhtt.. ttheee hellll dooo yyyoouuu waaannt??" They asked tiredly.

"Mask- Hi! Can we.. I dunno.. chat for a bit? I'm uh- really bored! Yeah that's it!" You tried to sound as normal as possible.

"Whhhyy theee helll arreennn'tt yyooouu asleeep?" Mask asked you. You tried to quickly think of an excuse.

"Oh um- I just woke up and couldn't fall back asleep! Mhm!" You thought that was a good enough excuse.

"(Y/NNN), I knooowww yoouuu betteeerrrr thherenn annnyyonnee, I knoow thatsss not the caseee." It was true, you two have been best friends for a while now. "Nowww tellll meee whatsss wrongg."

You debated telling him about your fear. It was probably the only thing he didn't know about you. You figured you would just tell him- he'd somehow figure it out soon anyways.

"Weeellllll you seee... I'm kindaa scared of thunderstormss..." You told him, a little embarrassed. You heard a snort come from the other line.

"Pfft- Thhunderrsotrrmss?? Realllyy??" He laughed. "Codd, you'reeee sooo weirrdd..." You pouted at his response.

"This isn't funny Mask! I'm on the verge of tears over here!" You sniffled. You could hear a chuckle before he spoke up again.

"Wellll.. iff you're thaaattt sscarreddd, wannnaa cooommeee ovverrr?" He asked you. You immediately perked up. "Yeah- sure! I'll meet you outside on my porch!" You exclaimed before quickly hopping up out of your bed and hanging up. Luckily for both of you- Mask was your next door neighbor so you didn't have to walk anywhere. How convenient.

You quickly put on a hoodie and practically flew down your stairs and through your front door. You looked over to Mask's house and saw him walking out of his front door. He was wearing a black hoodie and some shorts. He looked over at your and waved you over.

"Hii Masskk!!" You greeted him happily.

"Heyaaaa dorrrrkkk. Youuurrr luckyyyy I decideeedd to come outtt here." He pat your head. "Come insideee, before yooouu get sick or something." He opened his door and gestured inside. You started to walk in before loud boom from the thunder sounded out of seemingly nowhere. You jumped then quickly ran inside into safety. Mask just stood there- stunned.

"Wowww, youu reallyyy mussstt nooottt liiikkee thheessee thingss, huh?" He chuckled.

"Yeah.. I've never really liked them.. sorry for
making you go through this." You apologized. You truly did feel bad for waking him up and dragging him into this mess.

"Noo neeedd tooo apologiizzee. Lett'ss gooo upstaiirss whherrree weee caann watcchh squidtuubee (Youtube) or somethingg." He said before grabbing your hand and dragging you to his room.

It was a pretty normal looking room, with a bed in the corner and a desk in the other corner. There was a window beside the bed, the windowsill decorated with framed photos and a tiny potted plant. There was a bedside table with a digital clock, empty bottles of energy drinks (Mask would drink energy drinks religiously fight me), and a comic book. His Carbon Roller was leaning on the wall across from his bed, the wall being littered with posters of all kinds along it. On his desk were papers of some sort, a tin full of pencils, and a laptop.

Mask went over and picked up the laptop and sat on his bed patting the spot besides him, wanting you to come and sit down. You went and sat besides him, watching him open the laptop and opening Squidtube.

"Whaddya wannaaa watchh?" He asked, turning to you.

"I dunno- anything you want I guess." You replied, shrugging your shoulders. He nodded and clicked on a random video- laying back onto his pillow. You laid back with him, now your shoulders were touching. He took off his mask and put it on the bedside table. You looked at his tired looking face. He was pretty cute to be honest.

You two watched random videos for a while before you started to get tired. You really didn't want to get up at the moment, so you just kinda laid your head onto his shoulder.

"Tired?" He asked. You just nodded.

"Alright then. Sweett dreamss." He said before gently patting your head. You slightly smilied before letting sleep take over, with the sound of the rain rattling against the window and the sound of videos playing in the background.

Of yeah, the storm stopped too. So that's nice.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚

fun fact im actually terrified of thunderstorms irl so this is kinda based off of me [cute]

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭