◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐒𝐊𝐔𝐋𝐋 → "𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝" ♡︎

• ° + ° •

skull x stubborn!reader

° • + • °

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

"God dammit!" You growled, balling up your fists and stomping your foot on the ground.

You had lost yet another match. You were on a absolutely disgusting losing streak lately,
and it didn't seem like it was gonna end anytime soon.

You had your Custom E-Liter 4k slung over your shoulder. You liked chargers. Actually, you didn't like them. You LOVED them. But the unfortunate thing was, you just weren't good at them. Your skill with them was honestly painful to the eye.

You tried again and again to improve, but your tireless efforts proved useless. You didn't know what you were doing wrong. Maybe your posture was bad? Maybe your aim was too shakey? Whatever it was, you couldn't fix it.

You tried to somehow convince yourself that you had some sort of skill with the snipers.

You always said stuff like 'It's my teammates fault for not backing me up!' or 'I was being spawncamped!'

Long story short, you weren't good with chargers and somehow still convinced yourself that you were.

Your teammates all gave you death glares before walking out of the lobby. You sighed and grabbed your E-Liter, laying it out on your hands and staring at it.

'Maybe... I just really am that bad.' You thought. 'No! I have skill. It's just their fault for letting the enemy team splat me. They should have been keeping a look out for flankers!' You tried to convince yourself. But deep down, you knew it was your fault. You just didn't want to admit it.

You entered into another battle. The stage was Moray Towers, a stage that's notorious for being the prime charging spot. (am i the only one who actually hates sniping on moray? maybe its because of my charging style idk but i hate using chargers on moray)

You and your team spawned in. You held your chargers high to try to intimidate the opposing team. But to your dismay, the other team wasn't who you were expecting it to be.

With their infamous purple ink, their intimidating glares, and most importantly their leaders E-Liter Scope.

'TEAM PURPLE!?!?!? LIKE... FROM THE S4?!!?!' You internally screeched.

'I'm so not prepared...'

The battle started and you gulped before hesitantly making your way down the towers, leaving your teammates to ink the ramps.

As you jumped down to the famous charging perching spot, you were immediately sniped.

'Wow, not even letting me get time to settle down... gotta be careful. Let's try this again.'

With a heart full of confidence, you hopped back down the ramps, being careful for enemy flankers. You hid behind the box thing on the bottom ramp and mentally prepared yourself.

'Alright.. so I could just keep my distance. Yeah, I'll do that.'

You emerged from your hiding spot. You took a good look at the stage so far.

2 Of your teammates had been splatted while Team Purple still had all of their members alive.

You sighed. You had to start sniping soon. You scoped out your surroundings.

You had spot a patch of purple ink move. You readied up your E Liter and fired. Miss.

You continued to miss shots for the rest of the game. It finally ended, and the results were shown. Team Purple won by a landslide. You hung your head low in shame.

"Did that sniper do anything that round? My god.." You heard one of your teammates mumble. You already knew they were talking about you. You gave them a glare behind their back.

'Well, maybe if you didn't keep fucking dying then I would have been able to do something! But noooo, you just had to keep dying which gave me no cover whatsoever-'

"Hey."

You turned your body. "What?" You scowled.

"I saw you sniping out there." Skull- the leader of team purple- said.

"Yeah I know. What do you want? Are you here to make fun of our loss?" You said in disgust.

"I want to help you." He began. "I saw that your skills weren't great, and I though that-"

"Excuse me?!" You barked. "My skills are perfectly fine, thank you very much! Today is- is just an off day, okay?!"

Skull looked taken aback. "I just want to help you-"

"I don't need help okay?! I don't need anything!"

"Why are you being so stubborn?"

"I'm not being stubborn!" You stomped your foot on the ground.

"Okay.. let's just calm down now.." Skull out a hand on your shoulder. You glared at him.

"Fine." You sighed. There wasn't any reason trying to argue anyways.

"Back to what I was saying... I want to help you. I saw potential in you. Of course, your skills could use a little bit of work, but I know you can get better." He had a determined glint in his eyes.

"Yeah?..." You glanced down. "I guess so.."

"How about this time tomorrow, meet me at Sheldons. I'll help you improve your aim or something like that." He stated. You nodded.

"Sure." You had your E-Liter slung over your shoulder once again. "I gotta go now."

"Wait- before you leave... what is your name?" He asked.

"(Y/N)." You replied. You turned your body to walk out of the lobby.

"See you tomorrow." You said, before walking out. Skull nodded.

"See ya."

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

ok so i got a question... do yall actually enjoy these? if there anything i should change? do these make sense? i just need some form of reassurance... lol. anyways im now on summer vacation which means more updates!!! yayyy!!!!

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭