◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐑 → "𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞" ♡︎

• ° + ° •

supportive!rider x shy!artsy!male!reader

request by @a_bi_agent

° • + • °

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

You pulled out a pencil from your bag. Your sketchbook was sitting out in front of you on one of the tables at Crusty Seans food truck. You had always been a pretty artsy (I/O), always doodling on the sides of papers or making some art project out of random supplies you had available. (same tho)

You had always been picked on for being the "shy artsy kid". People would tell you "It doesn't look good", or "You can never make a living off of art". It did hurt your self confidence a little bit, but you still pushed forward despite everything.

You art had most definitely improved over the years, and now you considered it to be at least somewhat decent. But there was always room for improvement.

You tapped your chin with the end of the pencil, thinking about what you could sketch. You could just draw a random cephalopod that was conveniently in the square at that time... no, that'd be creepy.

Maybe you could draw an oc? Or... a landscape? Man, artists block can be rough sometimes.

You looked up from your sketchbook and looked around for any source of inspiration.

You felt eyes bare into the back if your head. You quickly swiveled your head around and locked eyes with a pair of lime green ones across the square. You gulped and quickly looked away. How awkward was that?

Body filled with embarrassment, you subconsciously just started doodling random things. From cute cartoon clouds with faces to a wonderfully realistic drawing of a cat, you quickly filled the page up.

You were still continuing to doodle when you heard footsteps approaching. You glanced up a little and saw the owner of the lime green eyes you stared at earlier walking towards the table you were sitting at.

...well shit.

You gulped and continued to draw, but more intensely. You pushed the pencil down so hard on the paper to the point were the tip of it broke off.

You heard the footsteps stop at your table.

"What are you doing?" A gruff voice asked impatiently. You creakily turned your head to the voice.

"Uhh... drawing..?" Your eyes met a with a male inkling who had lime green tentacles, like his eyes. He was wearing a black inky rider, and by the looks of it was probably wearing contacts due to the lack of headwear he had on.

"Yeah I can tell." He scoffed. "I meant what were you drawing?"

"Oh... nothing really." You turned your head back down to your sketchpad and admired your work. There was an array of different art styles scattered everywhere.

"What is that supposed to be?" He asked, pointing to a little doodle of some sort of monster creature you had made up on a whim.

"Um... so-something..." You scratched your cheek with a finger.

"Something?" He squinted his eyes a little bit. "...it looks like an alien."

You exhaled. "I guess it kinda does..."

You closed your sketchbook. You laid a hand on top of it.

"Hey, why'd you close it? I wanted to see more." The inkling - who you still did not know the name to - complained. You stiffened.

"I um... I don't really like when people look at my art... I don't feel like its good enough.." You admitted in a quiet voice. You could hear the inkling snicker a bit.

"I thought it was pretty good. But I understand." He sighed. "You should really have more confidence though. With no confidence, it's difficult to get somewhere."

"Yeah... I guess so..." You looked back up towards him.

"Say, what's your name? Mines Rider." He asked.

"Oh- it's (Y/N)." You shuffled in your seat a tiny bit.

"Cool. I gotta get to a battle now. Cya around." Rider stated before waving and walking off to the deca tower. You slightly waved back.

You looked back at your sketchbook.

Maybe I should have more confidence...

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

sorry this is bad and short it's 11:30 at night

...

i really need to stop writing oneshots this late at night

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭