◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 → "𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐭𝐡" ♡︎

•   °    +   °   •  

prince x reader

platonic oneshot

°   •    +   •   °  

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

Age 3, at the playground

"(Y/N)!"

"Wha?"

"Look!"

The young sun haired squidling called to his friend, pointing down at the muddy floor. His cute frog rainboots were dirtied with water from puddles and dried up earth. Earlier that day, the sky let down a heavy rainfall, coating everything in way. Having nothing better to do, his parents invited over friend (Y/N) for a playdate. His and (Y/N)'s parents had let them both out after the rain eventually stopped to go and play in the mess it had created. They had jumped and puddles, made mudcakes and forced their parents to eat them (which they had politely declined), and played tag by a tree. They were now both wandering around after their parents told them about a 'secret treasure' that was suuupposeeed to be in the backyard.

His friend, a (I/C) haired (I/O), waddled over to where he was squatting over.

"Fwoggy!" He had chirped. (Y/N) bent down to get a closer look. Indeed, there was a frog. It was a smaller one, and it had slimy green skin and big beady eyes. (Y/N) gasped in shock before pointing at it.

"Woaaa! Is this de tweasure mommy and daddy towd us abowt?!" They gently poked the frog with their stubby little finger. The frog just blinked.

"Yea it must be!" Prince squealed. Ge then gently reached out to grab the frog, scooping it up and bringing it closer for a better look. As they stared, the frog stared back with a lazy yet silly expression.

"We gotta tell dem dat we found de tweasure!" (Y/N) cheeried, turning to their companion. Prince eagerly nodded, and they both sped over to where their parents were chatting.

"Mommy! Daddy! Look, we found da tweasure!" (Y/N) announced, running up to their parents and tugging at their shirt. Prince then walked
up to them, holding up the frog for everyone to see.

"That's.... wonderful sweetie." Their mom glanced at the frog, then back at their child. "Why don't you go put it back now? It must be looking for it's family."

(Y/N) gasped in horror and turned to Prince. "Mommy right! we- we gota get it bawk to it's famiwy!"

Prince looked down at the frog, then back at (Y/N) before nodding, a determined expression on his face.

"Les go!" He called out, before marching away with (Y/N) trailing closely behind.

They both kept on walking until they made it to a small stream, just outside of the backyard. Prince bent down, before gently placing the frog on a stray lead that was decorated with droplets of rainwater.