◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐘 → "𝐍𝐚𝐩" ♡︎

•   °    +   °   •  

army x narcoleptic!reader

request by @TheApple64

°   •    +   •   °  

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

You yawned.

Then yawned again.

Annnd again.

You were currently sitting at a crusty sean table while receiving a lecture from none other than Army.

Army was one of your bestest friends. Of course, he could be quite condescending at times, but it didn't stop your friendship.

One thing to mention is that you were narcoleptic. Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder that causes overwhelming drowsiness and tiredness. What that means is that you were constantly extremely tired.

Army knew about your narcolepsy and helped you through it. There wasn't really much he could do, but his support was all you needed at the moment.

Back to the present, he was telling you how to take down an E-Liter user quick and efficiently.

"Of course, you need to be more sneaky when approaching a charger. Especially an E- because of their longer range. Now, chargers also have to be very-"

Thunk!

Your head fell onto the metal table as you had fallen asleep, creaking a loud 'bonk' noise. Army sighed.

He tried shaking you awake. "(Y/N), wake up." He said sternly.

You groggily lifted you head a tiny but.

"Hnnnnggggg..." You rubbed your eyes, which had dark eyebags under them.

"Sleeepyyy..." You slurred out. Army pat the top of your head in sympathy.

"Hmm..." He tapped his chin in thought. "I have an idea! Would you like to do a turf war battle? It might help you stay awake!"

You looked at him. "... turf war?" You thought for a moment. It was a hot day outside, perfect for doing a battle. Turf war did sound good right about now.

"Sure.. why not?"

Army smiled as he grabbed your hand and stood up. "Then turf war it is! To the deca tower!" He declared before marching off to the large tower in the square with his hand still intertwined around yours, keep in kind.

You two had both arrived at the battle tower. Army had entered the both of you into a lobby, and you both spawned in. You were paired up with random inklings and octolings. The stage you two would be playing on was Manta Maria, with your team ink color being (I/C).

"GO!!" The announcer shouted over the loud speakers. You and your team took off onto the stage. You were a bit slower then the others due to your drowsiness, but that didn't stop you.

The two teams had made it to the middle and the battle got intense. (I/C) and Lime green ink were flying everywhere, bombs were being deployed, and someone had already activated their Ink jet.

You started to grow a little bit sleepy.

A tiny little nap wouldn't hurt a bit... right?

You closed you eyes and started to sleep. You were still standing up in the middle of the stage, mind you. Army saw you drowsing off and panicked. He ran over to you.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N) wake up! This is an unsafe time to sleep!" He whisper-yelled while staking you violently. You didn't budge. He started to sweat.

Now he was tasked with the job of protecting you from anyone trying to splat you while trying to wake you up.

"Screw this.." He finally said before picking you up bridal style and carrying you to your teams base and setting you down behind a wall.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but I shall go and help our team defend." He said, before running off to help the team.

You had then woken up and looked around curiously. You didn't remember falling asleep here?

You stretched your arms up high before getting up and dusting yourself off. You took your weapon and beaded back to the middle. Unfortunately, the battle ended before you could get near.

You looked at the results shown on a big screen, and miraculously your team won. You smiled a little bit.

"(Y/N), you mustn't fall asleep during a battle." He scolded.

"I understand..." You said, rubbing your arm. Army exhaled and pat your shoulder.

"It is fine. How about we get ice cream?" He offered, grinning. You nodded your head.

"That would be nice."

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

i do not have narcolepsy, so if i got anything wrong please let me know! I am not trying to be harmful in any way and I want to be as accurate as possible. Thank you!

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭