◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐑 → "𝐀𝐦𝐦𝐨 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬" ♡︎

•   °    +   °   •  

rider x reader

request by @Roxy-Minore

°   •    +   •   °  

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

Being Sheldons assistant at Ammo knight's wasn't an easy job.

You had to deal with angry people, annoying people, people who suggested that they were right and you weren't when they had no idea wtf they were talking about, etc.

Today was one of those days where you just could not catch a break.

Earlier that day some girl strutted in, looked you up and down, scoffed, practically threw her weapon at you, and just walked out! Not even telling you what was wrong.

And then after that some dude came in and tried to flirt with you. He didn't even give you his weapon so you could fix it (if it was even broken anyways).

And THEN some kid who looked to be 7 or 8 came in and asked if he could get a weapon. You told him no as he was too young, and kindly and politely said he could come back when he was older and get one. And then he got all bratty and bitchy and started to sob. Then you had some 40 year old mom on your ass for a good 30 minutes, not so kindly and politely yell at you to give her "precious baby" a weapon that he probably couldn't hold correctly without falling over and getting a concussion.

So long story short, you were not having a very good day. You just wanted to go home and take the longest nap of your life, but you couldn't as Sheldon was out of town and you were his assistant.

You were leaning on the counter, playing with the weapon that the snobby gurl from earlier threw at you trying to see what, if anything, was wrong with it, when you heard the sliding glass doors open. You sighed and hesitantly looked up to see your new customer.

The first thing you noticed was the large Golden Dynamo Roller they had slung over their shoulder. You then took a good look at their face. You noticed they were a boy with lime green tentacles tied up in a ponytail. He was wearing a Black Inky Rider jacket, with some black boots.

"Hello and welcome, what can I help you with?..." You sighed out, leaning your elbow on the counter with your head in your head, looking up at him.

There was an awkward silence as he stared at you. You glanced around the room, then back up at him. "Um... sir? Are you alright?"

He quickly snapped out of his trance. "Yes, I apologize. I just came in to check on my roller." He said. He had a pretty griff voice.

"Alright, let's see then." You said, standing up straight. He lifted the roller over the counter and gave it to you. You stumbled backwards a bit due to it's heaviness, but regained your balance.

"You can leave and come back in about 15 minutes or so, I should be done checking it by then. Or you can stay if you want." You told him placing the roller on a nearby table while you started to closely inspect it.

"Uh, yeah sure." You heard his say, before the sound of the sliding doors could be heard.

Seems like an interesting guy.

After that day, you saw that guy more and more often. He came nearly every day for maintenance on his roller. You learnt that his name was Rider,
and he was pretty popular around Inkopolis for being in the S+ rank. Now, you didn't know much about turf wars or battling in general, but you knew that was a pretty damn good rank to have.

You two sometimes made idle chit chat together, and he seemed to be a pretty O.K dude. A little awkward and tense at times, but still cool nonetheless.

Today, he had once again came in. Like every day, you took the roller from him and started inspecting it. It had turned into a routine of sorts.

"What's it like battling?" You asked him.

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"I mean like... going out and doing turf wars. Whats it like? Is it fun? Dangerous? Do you get nervous often?"

"...It's pretty tough, depending on who you battle, I guess. It takes a lot of skill to keep up with," He paused for a moment, before continuing. "it can also be pretty dangerous at times. I've seen a good about of people get injured, and I have even got myself hurt too. But that was when I was bad."

"Hmm, I see. Do you have fun though?"

"I suppose yeah, er- in a way."

There was silence after that. The only sound that could be heard was from the booming city outside.

"It seems like once of the tubes from your ink tank is pretty roughed up. If it breaks, the ink from the ink tank will spill out. Not that difficult to fix though, just needs to be replaced." You told him, carefully inspecting one of the tubes that leads from the roller thingy at the top to the ink tank that was attached to it.

"How long will it take to fix?" He asked.

"Mmmm, 'bout a day or so. Like I said, easy fix."

"So should I leave it overnight?"

"Yup, come back around this time tomorrow and it should be all fixed up."

"Alright, thank you."

You picked the roller up to take it to one of the rooms in the back for repair when Riders voice had stopped you.

"Wait! Uh..."

"Hm?" You turned your head back to look at him. He  glanced around the room a bit before clearing his throat.

"I was uh... wondering if you would want me to teach you how to play turf war? You seemed pretty interested in it, so..."

Teach you turf wars?

"You... you'd do that?"

"I mean... yeah- sure, if you want..." He crossed his arms. You gave a small smile.

"I would appreciate that."

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

its about drive its about power WE STAY HUNGRY WE DEVOUR 💪💪💪💪

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭