◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒 → "𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐝" ♡︎

• ° + ° •

gloves x emperors-cousin!reader

request by @Komachan25

° • + • °

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

"Alllrighttt Squids and Octos!" The announcers voice boomed through the speakers. "Welcome to the first battle of the Square King cup!"

Loud cheers echoed throughout the stands. You sighed deeply. How did you get yourself wound up in this hot mess?

You were just sitting down at your house minding your damn business when your elder cousin, Emperor, called you. He told you it was an emergency.

Panicking, you immediately ran to his large mansion (and got lost inside of it). When you finally located both him and Prince, you burst through the doors thinking something was wrong. As it turns out, they needed a replacement for their team as N-Pacer was unfortunately out sick.

You tried to decline, saying that you weren't on their skill level to be the replacement. But alas Emperor kept on trying to persuade you and you finally caved in, agreeing to temporarily join the team.

You gripped your (F/W) tightly in your sweaty palms. Emperor could sense your nervousness from beside you, so he put a hand on your shoulder and gave you a reassuring smile.

"You'll do great. I believe in you." He told you.

"Yeah, thanks."

You didn't really know who your opponents were but according to the rest of your temporary team, it seemed like that this was gonna be a piece if cake. Well at least that helped calm your nerves a tiny bit.

The horn signaling the start of the battle blared throughout the stage and you and the others shot off the platform where your spawnpoint was.

The stage was Piranha Pit, which meant that those stupid conveyor belts would be throwing you in all sorts of directions. Great.

You immediately ran into the middle to try and quickly claim it. Bad idea, as you immediately got shot down by the other teams Splatterscope.

"Damn it..." you muttered under your breath. The match just started, and you were already greatly embarrassing yourself.

You decided that it would be best to take a different approach. You went to the left of your spawn point and went down the big conveyer belt to the little island platform thing each team had at the side of their base. You briefly stared out into the sea for a few moments, not noticing the green colored Dualie user creeping up behind you.

You heard a stray twig crack from behind you. You quickly whipped around and was immediately ambushed. You quickly dodged to the side to meet your attacker. You saw a make inkling with deep green tentacles and a smug look on his face.

Once he saw your face you could visibly see his eyes widen and cheeks flush a deep red. You quickly brushed it off and charged towards him.

As you neared him, he quickly snapped out of his trance and tried dodge rolling to the side as an escape.

But instead he dodge rolled straight into the water below.

"Ahh!" You heard him scream. You peeked your head over the edge, tilting your head. You couldn't see anything anymore, so you assumed he was already respawning. Well, that's one way to get rid of him, I guess?

"Jeez..." You murmured scratching the back of your neck. You once again shrugged it off and ran back into the battle.

The match then soon ended quickly, with you and the rest of team Emperor winning obviously. While the others got over 6 kills, you got two. And one of them was from when that weird dude fell into the water while seemingly gawking at you.

"See (Y/N)? You did well." Emperor said, walking up to you and giving you his signature smug grin.

"Yeah, not without dying like.. 8 times.." You mumbled, looking away.

"Cheer up, we still won." He pat your back. "Maybe a but if extra training wouldn't hurt though..."

"Hey excuse me!" You heard an out of breath voice shout from behind you. You and Emperor both turned around to be met with the weird wannabe turtle dude, who was out of breath and panting, leaning over with his hands on his knees.

"Ah yes, Hello Gloves." Your cousin greeted. Ah, so Gloves was his name. Interesting.

"I - huff -just wanted to - huff - say that you -" He pointed to you. " - are very very pretty/handsome!"

"Abwahh??" You exclaimed, immediately getting embarrassed. Emperor looked slightly taken aback at Gloves' sudden boldness.

"Yeah! It's true!" He then ran up to you. You saw Emperor smirk out if the corner of you eye.

"I'll leave you two future lovebirds be-" He said before quickly shuffling away.

You glared at Emperor before turning back to Gloves.  "Thank you very much!"

"Anyways, I'll see ya soon! We should totally hang together sometime!"

"Oh! Ye-yeah! Sure!" You waved before seeing him walk off, back to his team.

What an interesting fellow.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

hey yall im really sorry for the lack of updates currently...
if im really gonna be honest im starting to fall out of my splatoon/coroika phase.
now before you panic and be like "omg they are gonna discontinue the book! omg she wont ever update ever again!!!!!" i have come here to tell you that this book is not and i repeat is NOT gonna discontinue anytime soon. i will keep writing in this until i reach the max chapter limit or until something else comes up.
what this just means is that updated may be stretched further out. like a new oneshot every 3-7 days instead of like,,, 2 a day or one each day like i used to
this a/n is getting too long so if you have any questions just ask in comments and ill try my best to answer
ok bye now i talk to much hajsjdbdjdid

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭