◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐑 → 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 🎄

• ° + ° •

emperor x reader

merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!!!!

° • + • °

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

It was that time of the year in the square again.

The shops all had their holiday decorations out and in their windows, lampposts with garland wrapped around their base, and even the great Zapfish was wearing a cute little hat on-top of its head!

You were currently walking around the square with your boyfriend, Emperor. You were wearing a fluffy white sweater with a black puffy jacket over, and a red scarf wrapped around your neck, nose, and mouth. Emperor on the other hand was wearing a black turtleneck sweatshirt with a plain fancy looking black jacket over.

Snow was lighting falling down on the pavement below, covering the ground in a soft blanket. You could hear it crunch under your snowboots as you and Emperor walked hand-in-hand.

"Oooh! Emperor- Look at that!" You exclaimed, running up to one of the shop windows to admire a nice looking sweater. "Doesn't it look comfy?"

"Hmm, It does." He said, appearing next to you and looking the sweater over. "But remember what we're here for."

"Yeah yeah, I know, cinnamon rolls... but you know I can't help it!" You turned to him and gave him a smile.

He lightly chuckled. "Yeah, yeah, I know."

And so you two both continued your trek towards the local bakery. Every Squidmas, your family would always get Cinnamon rolls and eat them on Christmas morning, and you wanted to keep that tradition going with Emperor. And so here you were, Squidmas Eve, going to pick up the rolls you had previously ordered.

The walk was long, yet peaceful. Carolers... caroled on the sides of the streets, people doing their last minute Squidmas shopping were running up and down the sidewalks, and people just looking to hang out in the snow were sprinkled about. Children with their parents, teens with their friends... and so forth. You smiled at the atmosphere around you.

When you two had finally made it to the bakery and got your cinnamon rolls, you decided to do a bit of window shopping. You both went into different stores and boutiques and browsed about.

"(Y/N), don't these look nice?" Emperor asked, holding up a pair of earrings. They were round and golden, with a large ruby embedded in the middle.

"They're gorgeous!"

"Hmm... would you like them?" Emperor suddenly asked.

"Wait, really?"

"Of course. If you like them I'd be willing to get them for you."

"You don't have to do that!"

"Nonsense." He smiled, holding them up in his hands. "I'll go pay for them now."

And so he did. Now you had cinnamon rolls and a new pair of earrings.

"You didn't really have to do that for me, Empy..." You slightly laughed.

He merely shook his head. "I wanted to."

The sun finally started to set, the sky an array of oranges and reds and pinks. The light reflected off of the snow, making the land shimmer in an ethereal way.

"Gosh, can you believe tomorrow is Squidmas? December went by so fast!" You asked him. It was true, the wintery moth of December did blow over quite quickly in your opinion.

"It did seem to go by quick, didn't it?" He hummed.

"It just seems so weird. Does this mean Squidmas will go by quickly? I don't want it to end!"

"Well, even if it does go by quickly," he goves your forehead a peck.

"That just means the next one will come quicker too."

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

and this concludes my final oneshot of 2021!!! once again to all my lovely readers have a happy holiday season! i wish you all the best for the rest of this year and the new year! i shall be back in 2022 with more stuff so yayyayayya ☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️

(also the whole cinnamon roll thing is based off a tradition that my family has so haha)

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭