◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐑 → "𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝" ☔︎︎

• ° + ° •

emperor x reader

kinda angsty??? idk

° • + • °

begin!

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

You were always one of the best.

From turf wars to ranked battles, you excelled. Almost never losing a match.

Even winning battles with some of the toughest opponents out there, your skills had become known throughout the land, catching the attention of a certain yellow haired cephalopod.

He asked you for a battle, and you had accepted. It was an honor to battle one of the best battlers of all time.

And so you two did, and you both fought well. It was a close match, but you had emerged victorious.

But not only did you win the match, you also ended up winning his heart.

And so you two started to date. For a couple of weeks, the internet wouldn't shut up about it. Not that you really cared anyway.

Everyone was talking about the new couple. From saying things like "They're so cute and happy together! I ship!" to "It should me ME who's dating you/Emperor. Not them. Smh."

The both of you paid no attention to the comments. Nothing could change the fact that you both loved each other. And it would continue to stay like that.

A couple years later, you both ended up having happy and healthy children. Emperor had let his younger brother take over the team for good so he could spend more time with his family. Prince would then continue to lead his old team to become a battling legend, ending up in the hall of fame to be forever remembered for generations to come.

Years and years passed, and your children had followed in both of your footsteps, become some of the best battlers of the new generation. They quickly climbed the ranks of greatness. It made both you and Emperor extremely proud.

But, all good things must come to an end unfortunately.

And now here Emperor stood looking out a window, alone. It was raining outside, soaking everything that was unfortunate enough to be out at the time.

It had been exactly 2 years since your unfortunate passing. You had died in your sleep of old age.

Now at the age of 76, Emperor missed you greatly. He thought about you almost 24/7. He wished he just had a little more time with you.

He put his hands in the pockets of his old Milky Eminence jacket, which still fit him. Even after all these years, he was still as handsome as he was when he was battling.

He sighed and started to walk out of the room, when he suddenly stopped. He had his eyes on a photo frame that was sitting on a table. He knew exactly what that photo was.

He reluctantly walked over to it and picked it up, brushing off the dust that it collected over the years.

It was none other then a picture of you, more than 50 years ago when you were about 21 years old, and Emperor was 22 years old. You had just won the international championships, which was basically a worldwide event where the best battlers would all meet up and battle. Kinda like the Olympics. Idk you figure it out.

The photo was of you and your team after the results if the championship were announced. You were all smiling and hugging, and one of your teammates was even crying. But he wasn't paying attention to your teammates, he was only looking at you.

You had such a bright smile of your face. The sun was shining down on your (I/C) tentacles, illuminating them in such a way that made you seem ethereal. You truly were absolutely perfect.

He quickly set the photo back down on the oak table before he started getting emotional. By now, it had stopped raining. The sun finally started to peek through the stormy clouds, and the birds had come out of their hiding spots to chirp their songs.

The sun rays shone through the window and onto the table were the photo frame rested. Emperor slightly smiled before finally walking out of the room. But not without sneaking one last glance at the photo.

"Don't worry my love, we will be reunited soon."

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚ ◡̈

is it bad that i started tearing up while writing this? maybe its because i was listening to mitski while writing. goddammit.

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭