Explain - Get Away!

Reina's P.O.V

I groaned loudly and rolled onto my side, a sudden pain rushing through my body. "Gahhh!" I groaned out in pain. My eyes flew open at the pain. 'What the hell happened?!' I thought, holding my side, moaning in pain non-stop.

"G-Gah, it hurts so bad..." I muttered, trying to sit up, but the pain was too much for me. All I could do was whimper.

Then, I felt arms wrap around me, suddenly pulling me towards their warmth. I held my breath, my head shoved in the crook of their neck. The only thing I saw was their gourd made of sand. My eyes widened beyond belief. 'No...way....!' I gasped in horror.

"G-Gaara..." I stammered out in shock at his presence.

He didn't reply. His hands were wrapped around my body surprisingly gently, he lifted me up very slowly so I could sit up. Once I was sitting up, he let go of me and backed away. My blue eyes were glued to his seafoam green eyes. We took in the small moment of silence to just stare at one another.

"Why are you here?" I asked, wincing faintly at the numbing pain in my side.

He merely blinked at the question, and he then walked closer to me. "Explain." He ordered.

I rose an eyebrow and backed away on instinct, my back hitting the headboard of the hospital bed. Fear was bubbling in the pit of my stomach. Was he here to kill me off; to finish what he didn't get to? I gulped and shut my eyes. I felt so hopeless at the moment, I was acting like a child.

"Please, don't kill me..." I whimpered out, covering my eyes with my arms.

"I'm not going to." He said, his soothing voice reaching my ears. I felt a hand on my cheek, causing me to jump in shock and attempt to punch him.

My wrist was grabbed immediately. I opened my eyes, coming face-to-face with Gaara. I squealed, my cheeks heating up at the distance left between us. This... This feeling, in the pit of my stomach is...weird. Could this be Gaara's causing? D-Do I actually have feelings towards him?

"Please... Explain what you meant." He asked, caressing my cheek. He was floating on his sand, barely hovering over my body.

"Explain what, though?" I asked softly, noticing the confusion held in Gaara's eyes.

"You're a monster that just needs some love." He said, quoting what I said before falling unconscious during my battle against him.

I smiled automatically, "Isn't it obvious? I meant that you just need...love, from either your family or friends." I explained, his eyes widening.

"I see. So this thing called love, where do I get it?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

I smiled sadly, "You can't get it anywhere, you need to earn it, really." I said, scratching my cheek, saddened at the thought. Then, my thoughts darkened. "It's not worth it, though."

'It's not worth all the pain you receive in exchange...' I mused, hanging my head low.

"...Why is it not worth it?" He asked.

I chuckled, "You only get pain in return, nothing else. What's the point of wanting love if you don't get anything good out of it? Yeah, some people are loved and gave a great time with it, but people like us?" I muttered, my body trembling. "We never get loved... We're nothing but monsters. That's all we will ever be seen as."

I pulled my legs to my chest and wrapped my hands around them, burying my head in my arms. I could feel the small specks of Gaara's sand land on my arms and legs. I let the bottle of emotions inside of me burst open, I let out all of my pain.