Forest Of Death - An Impostor

Reina's P.O.V

"Sakura, why are you so mean to me?" I muttered, a small, meaningless glare on my face.

An anger mark appeared on her forehead. She stomped over to me and latched her hand onto my arm. "Baka! Watch what you say or else I'll pound your head till you think straight!" She hissed through her teeth.

Gulping, I nodded quickly and pulled away from her grip. A small question then rose into my mind. "Do we sign the contract now?" I asked, Sasuke, staying away from Sakura until she cooled down.

He nodded. "Hn... Yes, but I already did, dobe." He said. "You're slow."

I sweat dropped, my eye twitching, "Oh... I guess I'll sign mine now then." I murmured, taking hold of my form while holding the urge to knock Sasuke upside the head.

Without even bothering to read all of it's contents, I took the pen Sasuke held out for me and signed my name rather gracefully on the line. There was no reason to actually read the paper, I already have a pretty good idea on what it's about. Rules and... Life or death. If we die, the blame for our death won't be placed on the proctors. Better yet, they're placed on us. 'Hm, now I'm ready for anything that will be thrown at me. I'll show everyone how strong I am! How I'm not a freak or monster like they believe me to be.'

"Exchange your three consent forms for the scrolls over in that hut!" Anko ordered, pointing at the small hut in a booming voice. "After that, pick your entrance, and all the gates will open at the exact same time. Finally, just a word of advice... Don't die!"

I narrowed my eyes. I won't die so easily, Dad, Uncle Iruka, my team... They all have somehow grown into my heart. They all became something I cared about. I want to protect them and be by their sides. If giving this test my best helps me better my future, count me in!

"Now then, it's time for the scroll exchange!" One man stated, moving the curtain aside a bit for us to walk in.

One by one the teams walked in and grabbed their scroll. Once the last team exited, I smirked. We all glanced at one another, all of us nodding to go on and grab our scroll. I walked to the hut pushing the red curtain aside, as Naruto handed the man our consent forms. The man grabbed them and reached under the table they had inside the hut and pulled our destined scroll. A heaven scroll. Naruto snatched it out of his hand, grinning ear to ear as he eyed the scroll.

"Teams who have taken the scroll, stay with your representative and follow him to your gate, now!" Anko demanded. "The second Exam starts in exactly 30 minutes!"

_______________

Gate 12. That was the gate we were lead to, and this gate would lead us into our survival or even worse, our death.

"Yeah! I won't back down, I'll bring down anyone who goes near me, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted, shaking his fist in the air.

I grinned, "Great, you better watch our backs, Naruto. We're all counting on you." I mused.

"Baka's..." I could hear Sakura mumble under her breath, earning a playful glare from me.

Slowly, little by little, the time passed. 30 minutes were now up. Our gate keeper walked over to the lock, he pushed the key in and twisted it. The lock fell to the ground with a small, audible thud.

"We now begin the second test of the Chūnin Exam!"

Immediately, we ran in once the gates flew open. I leaped from tree to tree while glancing at Naruto since he held the scroll. 'We need someone suitable to take care over the scroll, Naruto may be strong but he is dimwitted. We can't let him hold the scroll any longer than needed.' I thought, 'Though, maybe I could hold onto the scroll or even Sasuke..'