An Ambush - A Friend

Reina's P.O.V

I glanced around, Atsushi went out to scout for enemies and he hasn't come back yet. I sighed. We will have to move on without him, he'll be able to find us by our chakra. I know it.

"Are there really enemies still around here?" Sakura asked, nervously glancing side to side.

Kabuto nodded, "Yes, there's no mistake. The tower is in the middle of this forest. That means when the set day of the test is here, the area which the tower is near, is the easiest place to gather scrolls." Kabuto explained.

Seems like it won't be so easy for us to get past then. I glanced at Kabuto, "Basically, now that the test is about to end, most of the remaining teams are camping the area around the tower, where most teams who have completed the task of gathering the scrolls will go?" I stated, wanting a confirmation, as I leaped from branch to branch.

Kabuto nodded, pushing his glasses up a bit with his index finger. "Exactly. We should expect traps already set up for our arrival." He said.

"Oh, so there must be a lot of enemies waiting to attack us, dattebayo!" Naruto exclaimed, keeping a steady pace.

"Yes... however, there are collectors as well." Kabuto muttered, lowly.

I rose an eyebrow. "What do you mean by collectors?" I asked, wondering if by collectors he meant what I was thinking.

Could these collectors he's speaking of be people who collect a abundant amount of a certain object? In this case, the scrolls?

"There are teams of people who already have collected the amount of scrolls needed to pass. However, they don't enter the tower and turn the scrolls in. These certain people stay around the tower, fighting other teams for more scrolls. Then leaving some more teams to lose. Most of these teams are very conceited." Kabuto explained.

Sasuke chuckled lowly from beside me, he gave Kabuto a smirk. "I see, it seems like I know understand why you decided to help us..." Sasuke mused, "You're scared, aren't you?"

I almost burst out in laughter at that. Kabuto? Scared? I highly doubt that... this nerd here seems strong enough to handle some teams camping the tower. Now that I think about it, I really don't like that fact of Kabuto helping us. He still gives me that aura that makes me shiver. He's no good.

Kabuto glanced at Sasuke and simply stared at him for a few seconds. "That's right, I am." He replied.

I merely blinked at Kabuto. What an idiot.

_________________

I bent over, my hands resting on my knees. The sun was dissappearing, night was coming very, very quickly. It felt like we've been going in circles non-stop. Something was off... but what was it?

"Now then, the tower has come into our view. From here on, it's going to get hard." He stated, looking off in the distance.

I nodded tiredly, my eyes were shutting on their own will. I haven't gotten any rest for awhile now, and it was getting to me quickly. At this rate, I'm only going to bring down my team...

"An enemy?!"

I was brought back to my senses at the sudden scream. I grabbed a kunai and spun around, facing Naruto.

"Where?" I asked, looking around.

The only thing I happened to spot was a giant centipede stuck to the tree by Naruto's kunai. At least it was dead...

"Oh, it's just a centipede." Naruto muttered, lowering his hand.

We continued our little journey, stopping every one in awhile to examine our surroundings.