Goodbye, Atsu-nii - Truth Be Told

[ Song: Glassy Sky - Tokyo Ghoul OST ]

Reina's P.O.V

I stared down at Atsuhi's form with dull eyes, dead ones to others. His bloodied form was slowly beginning to go pale, really giving away the fact he was dead; gone. My lips trembled, the tears cascaded down my cheeks slowly, dripping onto his face. My tears hit right below his eye and slipped down his face like he was the one crying; mourning over someone and all. I choked back a sob.

"A-Atsushi!" I screamed to the skies, cursing them for taking the person closest to being a brother to me away. "W-Why?! WHY?!"

My blue hair stuck to my face as I hugged his body close to my chest, my face was buried in the crook of his neck. 'Atsushi, he didn't deserve to die like this... Not at all.' I thought, shaking in anger. The sick truth hit me. 'He was killed by my hands, by me. If I would have never tried to kill Kakashi, he...h-he would still be here with me. Still here in this world as my brother.'

"This is all my fault!" I cried out, trembling in anger and fear. "I-I did this to him. I take all the blame for his death, b-but...-"

I walked over to the bright side of the Cherry Blossom tree, where the sun was hitting the most. I laid his body down on the fallen petals, his grey hair shifted against the petals. A lone tear fell on his hands that I had now crossed over his chest. 'You'll be safer in the afterlife, I know it... You'll be away from m-me...' I mused, smiling sadly as I shut his eyes.

It wasn't a good time to be crying over someone's dead body, I stood up and walked away, leaving his body in the pile of pink petals. I stopped abruptly and glanced over my shoulder at him one last time before a pair of citizens or ANBU would find him. He looked so happy being there in the warming sun. Clenching my teeth, I ran as fast as I could, ignoring the stares I got from strangers because of my wounds and tears. I need to go somewhere safe.

"Goodbye, At...Atsu-nii." I muttered, running quicker if possible.

~*~

I panted madly, I was completely out of breath from running all the way here.  It was farther than Kakashi's house, this was at least across the other side of the Leaf Village. You can say they parted ways after my decision when I was younger, the time when I chose who I would like to watch over me as my guardian. By now, I would think it's pretty obvious I chose the wrong person for that job. All he did was hurt me in the end...just like everyone else has in my life.

He's the same as my cruel family.

I clicked my tongue and sat up, looking at the door with hopeful eyes. Nothing but hope and hesitation was bubbling in the pit of my stomach at this moment. Slowly and surely, I raised my hand and knocked on the door softly three times. There was no answer. I raised my hand again and knocked harder, but three times again. There was nothing but silence enveloping me. I frowned deeply. Why wasn't he answering me? D-Did Kakashi get here before I could?

Right when the doubts of this whole idea started to flood my mind with negative thoughts, the door was yanked open. My eyes flew open as I stared at Iruka who had dark bags underneath his eyes and a frown. What... What happened to him?

"Un...Uncle Iruka?" I muttered out, eyeing him up and down. I walked inside and shut the door behind me, Iruka didn't say a word as I did this. He just watched. I turned around and looked him in the eyes, "What happened? You look really tired..." I pointed out.

Iruka forced a smile in his face and shook his head softly, "It's nothing, Reina. I'm just a bit stressed out over my students safety, you know?" He stated, yawning loudly as he tossed himself on his couch.