Delayed Match - Bad Feelings

Reina's P.O.V.

Sasuke's match was up next. The entire time I made my way up the stairs, I could hear the loud, unfulfilled shouts coming from the crowd in the arena. It seemed like Sasuke's fight versus Gaara was one of the most anticipated fights from the people, lords, and the other Hokage's. I made my way to the far back wall of the arena and leaned against it. 'Sasuke wasn't here for the opening ceremony they had, so what makes them think that he's going to magically show up now?' I wondered, as my gaze made its way over to where the Hokage sat.

"Reina!"

My eye widened and I looked over at Naruto. He was breathing heavily and smiling widely.

"Oh, Naruto." I said. I raised an eyebrow in curiosity, "Do you need something?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I wanted to see if you wanted to come over to where Shikamaru, Choji, and I were watching." He beamed in glee. "Sasuke's match is on next!

I sighed and a smile made its way to my face. I walked over to him and slapped him on the back gently. "Sure." I stated, immediately walking to where I saw Shika.

As we made our way to where Shika and Choji were, the crowds anger only seemed to rise as minutes passed by. It was starting to become very chaotic in the stadium.

Shika sighed and leaned forward, "What's that guy doing? Is he planning to not come?" Shika asked, annoyance clear in his tone.

I frowned and glanced over at Naruto. He was staring at the entrance, as if he was waiting for Sasuke to just come walking in any moment.

"A wise man keeps away from danger." Shino stated, hinting that Gaara was a threat. "He made a good decision."

My eyes widened as I let my gaze wander towards the right. There was Gaara, staring down at the arena with his usual blank and stoic expression. My heart ached ever so slightly and I immediately looked away and scooted closer to Naruto. I couldn't stop recalling all that happened in the Forest of Death between Gaara and I. All of it was just... I shivered. It was horrifying.

"What are you talking about?" Naruto retorted bitterly, bringing me out of my thoughts. "He'll definitely come."

I smiled and looked at Naruto. I frowned when I realized Naruto had a glare and was not looking at me. I furrowed my eyebrows. 'Where was he looking?' I wondered. I followed his gaze. My heart stopped. Gaara was staring right at Naruto, but once he noticed that I was looking over at him, his gaze switched to being on me. I gulped and looked away right away; however, I could still feel his strong gaze piercing into the side of my head. I started to sweat a bit. Was he really that serious when he called me his mate? What in the hell did he plan to do with me?

I took a deep breath and placed my focus on waiting, or more like hoping that Sasuke would arrive. I noticed how a man appeared to the one watching over the battles. He then vanished soon after talking.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." He began, "An examinee for the next match has not arrived just yet. Therefore this match will be delayed, and we will begin the next match first."

The crowd started to chatter again, but it seemed like they were okay with what was just said. I frowned. "I guess that's better than getting disqualified..." I muttered out.

Naruto sighed, "That was close. "

Shika leaned closer to the edge, "Oi. Does that mean my match is coming up faster?" He stammered out.

I nodded, "It seems like it." I said.

He sighed. "What a pain..." He mumbled.

"Next match is Kankuro and Aburame Shino. Come down."