Holding On - Accomplished

Reina's P.O.V

"I could kill you for that!" The toad yelled suddenly, shocking Naruto and I even further as his tongue shot out of his mouth and wrapped around the both of us.

Naruto and I screamed as we thrown onto his back. I landed beside Naruto with a thud and I groaned out.

"Gah... Why am I always getting involved?" I whined to myself quietly.

Naruto reached out for my hand, "Reina! Hold my hand!" He shouted.

"Why?" I asked suspiciously.

"I'm scared, dattebayo!" He exclaimed, a barrage of tears pouring out the side of his face.

I sweat dropped and intertwined my hand with Naruto's, "There you go. You happy no--?" I couldn't even finish my sentence, because the stupid toad decided to leap in the air. And when he did that, Naruto and I stuck to his body like glue.

We were screaming our heads off, more so me than Naruto. It felt like Gravity was trying to keep us on the ground, but the further we went in the air, the harder the wind was knocked out of us. Then before we knew it, we were floating in the air. I blinked and let it process in my mind. 'Holy crap!' I reached out and grabbed the collar of the toads clothing, Naruto did the same and held on for dear life. It took no longer than five seconds for us to hit the ground, and when we did everything around us shook from the toad's weight. It was like a huge tremor.

"Wah!" Naruto screamed as his hand slipped and he fell to the ground.

My eyes widened and I tried reaching out to him with one hand while the other kept me in place. It worked to say the least, but not in the way I was expecting it to. Naruto managed to grab my hand and drag me down with him. I couldn't help but mutter a storm of swear words. I hit the ground harshly, making a cloud of dust surround me. Coughing and sputtering, I forced my legs to work and I stood up. Naruto on the other hand, he bounced up in excitement. He looked up at the Chief toad and grinned.

"Awesome!" He awed.

The Chief toad leaned down close to Naruto and I tensed up, immediately reaching behind me for a kunai.

He growled lowly, "I hate to tell you this, brat, but even if I were to concede a hundred steps to you... No a thousand steps to you, and even if it really was true that it was you who summoned me... If you're the kind of guy who falls of my back that easily, there's no way I could admit you as my master. Huh?!" The Chief toad seethed out, inching closer to Naruto. I clicked my tongue and darted over to Naruto's side. The toad glanced at me and then back at Naruto.

"Now then, I'm here in the free world after a long time. If Jiraiya doesn't have any business with me, I think I'll kick back for a while." He finished. He turned around and started to crawl away from us.

Naruto growled and shook his fist, "Hey! Wait!" He shouted in a demanding tone. I stood next to him and gulped in fear, afraid that the toad wasn't going to enjoy the fact Naruto dared to open his mouth and talk back.

He didn't bother turning around to face us. "Why don't you just go home and sleep or something?" He grunted out. 'Cause it looks like you're incapable of serving even as my henchman!" With that, he began crawling away once again.

Naruto clicked his tongue, not too happy with rejection. He started running towards the toad. I gasped.

"Naruto! Don't!" I shouted.

"Kuso!" He shouted, running up the back of the toad, slowly making his way to the top. I stared in awe. Naruto leaped on top of the Chief's head. They were bickering back and forth but I really couldn't hear a thing. Despite how loud the toad was being earlier with Naruto, they seemed to be talking about something. I shrugged my shoulders, understanding the fact that I probably wasn't allowed to hear it. 'Oh well, secrets are everywhere nowadays. Aren't they?' I mused, looking up at the sky.