Cursed - Pain and Sorrow

Atsushi's P.O.V

This kid was not good, I can just tell. The way he's eyeing me tell me one thing, and the way that purple chakra of his is surrounding him adds to my suspicions. I don't like this kid one bit, and I know he doesn't like me either.

I gulped as the boy with the evil aura walked over to me with a dark look, I couldn't help but fear him and his power. Reina ran in front of me with her arms spread out wide. 'She was defending me?' I thought, shocked at her decision. I grabbed her torn shirt and tugged.

She glanced back at me. "What, Tataki?" She asked.

I frowned, "You don't have to protect me, blueberry. I can handle this." I said, patting her head, seeing as I was taller than her.

It was, however, cute to see her protect me knowing she was smaller than me. I pushed her behind my back and faced the boy right as black markings began to cover him. He glared at me.

"Who are you?" I spat, holding Reina's hand tightly behind my back. She squeezed back.

I'm guessing he noticed because he growled, "Don't touch her!" He snarled.

I shook my head, "No. She doesn't seem to have a problem so why stop?" I stated bluntly.

He glared at me. "You'll pay." He said, dissappeared. I gasped and looked around. He appeared in my face, punching me across the face.

I groaned as I landed on the ground, my face skidded across the rough wood that was scattered around the ground.

"Tataki!" Reina shouted, real worry for me in her voice.

I groaned and stood up shakily, I wiped the blood off my lip. "You little prick." I spat, spinning around to face him with a dark glare. I ran up to him and aimed a punch at his face.

He simply grabbed my hand and pushed it behind my back incredibly fast, shoving my face in the ground. I screamed on pain as he twisted my arm around. "Ahhh!" I screamed in pain.

He chuckled madly. "This should teach you to obey me." He said, twisting my arm even more.

I screamed bloody murder when I heard a loud snap. "Fuck! S-Stop!" I screamed, tears picking the corner of my eyes. He ignored he and twisted my now broken arm further. "F-fuc- Ahhhhh!" I screamed once more.

"Sasuke! Stop it, leave him alone!" Reina yelled, pushing him away.

Reina ran over to me and flipped me onto my back, I screamed at the pain in my arm. He fucking broke it! He broke my arm! I stiffled my sobs and held my arm, wincing at the pain. You can call me weak, but when your arms broken in so many possible ways you'll react the same way.

Reina pushed my grey hair out of my face, "Dear Jashin, I'm so sorry, Tataki. I didn't mean for this to happen to you...this is horrible." She whispered sadly.

I noticed the boy Sasuke walking over. I need to warn her! "R-Reina! Be-Behind you!" I yelled.

She turned around just to get lifted up in the air by her neck by Sasuke. She sputtered and coughed, kicking her feet around wildly.

"Let me g-go, S-Sasuke!" She screeched, tugging on his arms. "Y-You're ch-choking me!"

"No..." He stated, glaring at her harshly. He lifted his other arm and slapped her across the face, causing head to fly to the left. Reina's eyes were wide at his action, she screamed and kicked at him even more.

I glared at this kid. He was attacking the wrong people! There was enemies here and yet he doesn't attack them, but us he does! I looked at Reina's pink-haired comrade, she was crying at the scene in front of her.

"S-S-Sakura!" I panted out, the pain clouding up my mind. She jumped and looked at me. "C-Come..."

She crawled over to me, hiding from Sasuke's view. Once she made it to me, I grabbed her hand gently.

"H-Help, R-R-Reina... S-Stop him!" I ordered, giving her pleading eyes.

Sakura nodded, she grabbed a kunai and cut her arm. "Gya! Sasuke-kun! He's attacking me!" She screamed out in pain, doing a pretty good impression.

Sasuke let go of Reina, dropping her to the ground. Sasuke glared at Zaku, the sound ninja who supposedly injured Sakura further. As Sasuke confronted the man, Sakura came running over to me and Reina with some friends. The boys lifted me up while the girls lifted Reina up. The dragged us over to where their blonde friend was sleeping, and placed us down. 

I panted and smiled at all of them. "T-Thank y-you all f-for h-helping m-me." I muttered out painfully.

Sakura and the blonde girl smiled at me. "You saved Reina and brought her to us. It's the only way I can think of repaying you buy." She said.

"What Sakura said, plus you're pretty beat up." The blonde one said, pity in her eyes. "Doesn't your arm hurt?"

I nodded, "It a-actually does, I c-can h-hardly s-stand the p-pain a-any l-longer. I'm al-already losing c-conciousness." I chuckled.

She frowned. The boy with the pineapple looking hair and the boy who was eating chips were quiet. Pineapple-head sighed.

"What's that thing all over Sasuke?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. "It's not normal at all if it made him attack two people, one of those people being his own comrade."

Sakura frowned. "Sasuke was bitten not so long ago by some man named Orochimaru... Ever since then, he hasn't been the same. He's been out of it." She explained.

I glanced over at Reina as Sakura explained what happened to them awhile back. She was hanging her head.

I sat up and crawled over to her ever so slowly, moaning in pain as I did so. I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"R-Reina?" I asked, stuttering like crazy.

I was honestly worried about Reina, even if we had just met I felt so close to her already. I would protect her no matter what, even if it meant taking the pain for her.

I heard silent sobs coming from her, she was shaking. I knew she was crying at the tears that fell from her eyes and onto her legs.

"R-Reina?" I asked, worried for her.

"W-Why...?" She asked, shaking her head. "Why is it that whenever I try to be kind, something bad happens to me!? I only wanted to help you, but my own teammate hurt me in return! There's nothing but pain in my life...nothing. I've been surrounded by pain my whole life." She cried out.

I frowned and wrapped my arms around her, embracing her tightly. I ignored the pain that came from my arm. Reina cried into my shoulder and hugged me back.

"Why, why?!" She muttered.

I rubbed her back with my only good hand, trying to sooth her as best as I could.

"R-Reina, I'll s-stay by y-your side..." I said.

She let out a small hiccup, "You p-promise?" She asked, giving me a saddened look.

I nodded, "I p-promise. I w-won't l-leave your s-side." I muttered.

A loud scream of pain came from outside of the hollow tree we were hiding in. Reina covered her ears and cried silently. I glanced at her friend, Sakura. Sakura smiled at me sadly.

I won't leave you Reina.

I can promise you only that.