A Familiar Chakra Source - Could It Be?

Reina's P.O.V

I gasped and sat up quickly, looking around myself just to make sure I was still alive and somewhere safe, hopefully away from those three... 'You're not away from them. You were knocked out by a measly boy after all.' I snarled in anger as I was reminded by my thoughts that I had indeed let Kankuro knock me out, nonetheless touch me! I cursed a few words dad would not like to hear under my breath.

Why was I so open to them? How was it possible he managed to knock me out without it going noticed by me? For Jashin's sake, I know I'm better than this yet I'm starting to show a great amount of weakness around everyone! Mainly Gaara and his siblings, though I would say Gaara was the one who seemed to break my cold heart easier. It was obvious I was getting soft, but I didn't know I was getting this soft. It's more than I expected... Around Gaara I felt like we were the same... Both treated badly for the names that marked us. Monsters. Creeps. Just being around Gaara, I knew we were alike in so many ways.

'Stop... Don't think about him.. I have to leave Gaara.' I sighed a bit sadly, 'I need to find my team, Sakura, Sasuke...Naruto.' I thought, standing up even with the unbearable pain overcoming me. I pushed it aside for the moment. My only goal was to find my team without getting caught by Gaara. Standing up, I looked around with hard eyes. Where could they be? Was there any chance that Orochimaru might have actually injured them, killed them...? No, he couldn't have done such a thing... Right?

I smacked myself harshly to rid these thoughts out of my mind. 'Dear Jashin, I need to stop doubting my friends, my family... They're stronger than that... They won't die so fast, I know it.' I thought, assuring myself that everything would be fine, again. Let's start of by sending their chakra, in case it's close by. I shut my eyes tightly, concentrating on my teams chakra sources. After a few seconds, I sensed someone's chakra, it was going crazy. As if they were trying to control it yet it disobeyed and flared horribly.

The chakra felt... Calming, soothing. It reminded me so much of sakura's for some odd reason. She wasn't calm, I had to admit that... But the whole calm aura surrounding this chakra felt so much like Sakura's, there was no doubt about it. This had to be Sakura's! My eyes grew wide in relief as I smiled in joy. At least I knew they were safe somewhere, with Sakura watching the boys.

I smiled to myself unaware of the sea-foam green eyes watching me with a dark glare. I started to run with all my might, to the area I sensed the chakra coming from. It was around 50 or so meters ahead of me, I was very close in my mind. The more I ran, the stronger the chakra source got. Being completely oblivious to the stranger following me, I didn't think I had to lower my chakra. What a mistake that was, I only made it easier for someone to find me in this deadly forest.

Wind caressed my pale face as I ran. There was a grin on my face for two reasons. One, I felt free for once, like I could run forever without being told to stop. Two, I was on my way to rescue Sakura and the others. I couldn't wait to see them again. Second by second, minute by minute... I was getting closer to her. To my team.

"Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto... Don't you guys worry, I'll be there soon. I'll protect you guys from now on, even if it costs me more than I bargained for." I said, pretty loudly, leaping onto a branch. From there on, I kept from branch to branch tripping every few seconds. I was just to happy, it was taking over my body and I was becoming as clumsy as Naruto. I giggled sadly at the memory of Naruto. He was always so nice to me. Now that I think about it, Naruto has been pretty protective of me lately... Especially when Sasuke tends to throw me around like a piece of trash, which had been happening very often.

I frowned. Why did he become so protective? Was there a reason he seemed to show more...care towards me? Sighing, I shook my head. There was no way Naruto could possibly...like me... Right? I mean, he likes Sakura. No... He adores her, he loves her... He doesn't love me--

I gasped. What am I even thinking about?! First Gaara, and now Naruto?! Of course Naruto wouldn't have such feelings like that for me! We're just friends... The thought of us being friends only seemed to hurt me more then I thought it would. My foot slipped from the branch and I fell to the ground with a loud groan. The wound on my aide started to burn and tingle. I clicked my tongue in annoyance and ignored it for the time being.

I held my head, trying my best to shake off the pain from the fall. "What's wrong with me?" I asked myself, "Why the hell am I thinking about this all of a sudden?!"

I glared at the ground, "My mind is just messing with me..." I whispered, walking once more, but much slower than before. "Yeah, it's just messing with me..."

Suddenly, I felt the hard glare of a pair of eyes aimed at my back. I spun around with a kunai in my hand, ready to attack. I scanned the trees, bushes, sky, everywhere. Nothing. Shaking my head, I ran ahead this time, not without feeling another pair on me. Though, these were not as uncomfortable and deadly as the other pair seemed.

Not even getting 20 feet ahead, I was pinned to a tree rather harshly. The back of my head hit the hard truck of the tree, causing me to moan in pain. My head was throbbing in pain from before, so hitting a tree with your head right after wasn't as great as you'd think it would be. Whoever pinned me to this tree was breathing on my neck, their jagged breath making me shiver. I tried to move my hands, but I then noticed they were pinned above my head and against the tree. Helpless. That's how I was at the moment...

My eyes snapped opened, only to meet familiar sea-foam green eyes. I gasped in shock. "G-Gaara?!" I shrieked, mouth hanging open.

Oh no, oh no, oh no! He found me! Ways to escape were swimming around in my mind, but all of them wouldn't work with Gaara. His sand would only protect him... Gaara leaned on closer to my face, so close his nose pressed against my own. Everything seemed to freeze. Gaara's lips moved, a small frown on his lips.

"Don't run from me. I'll only find you again."

I furrowed my eyebrows together, forgetting he was holding me in a bruising grip. "Why... Why do you follow me?" I asked, catching his attention.

His lips were in a straight line, he stared at what I think we're my lips. A small chuckle erupted from his throat, and he leaned forward. His lips burning against mine, making my face burn in embarrassment. 'What's he doing?! His lips are literally centimeters away from mine, doesn't he know about personal space?!' I screamed, trying to back away from Gaara, which turned out to be useless seeing as I'm being held against a tree. My face was burning red, my eyes wide.

"Because you're mine..." He said, placing this lips on mine.

My eyes grew wider if that was even possible. Tears brimmed the corner of my eyes as I shook my head trying to break from his grip. Those tears fell, crashing to the ground. All my thoughts about Gaara that I had at the back of my mind, thinking he was nice on the inside, soft and kind. All turned out to be a fantasy I came up with. But why? Why is it that I can't find my will to escape? Why is it that all my strength seemed to vanish at that very moment?

"You're mine now."

I sniffled, a few more tears trailing down my cheeks. Did... Did I have feelings for Gaara? No, I couldn't have. Not after what he just did to me, and the only feelings I'll ever have for him is anger. I frowned and let it happen.

I swear my heart stopped beating and my body froze. Escape wasn't an option in my mind, my mind told me to stay, though my body says something else... What was wrong with me...

Was it possible?