Last Day at the Academy - New team!

Reina's POV

I woke up in bed instead of the hard, cold ground. I guess Dad brought me back inside. I should thank him when I get the chance. I yawned loudly, stretching like a cat would. My knuckles popped as did my knees. 'Ah, that felt good.' Walking to the bathroom, I stared in the mirror looking back at my reflection. A reflection I hated some days..

"Well, Reina, today's the day you get you new team. Hopefully you don't get stuck with idiots or fan-girls, you don't need anyone to slow you down." I muttered to myself quietly.

'Just wish for the best..' Smiling faintly, I jumped into the shower. After I finished I dried up and changed into my clothes. I went into the kitchen and saw Dad, awake early. He was leaning against the counter with his hands in his pockets, a lazy stance.

"Huh? What are you doing up?" I asked, surprised he wasn't in bed sleeping.

"Hm, it's nothing. I have some business to deal with today, that's all." Dad said calmly.

"Oh, alright." I said, heading to the door without breakfast. "Wait, Dad." I stopped in the middle of the door way.

"Hm?" He hummed, glancing at me with bored eyes.

'I've been wondering why people hate me so much, can you tell me why? I know it's not for my hair or eyes, tell me the truth.' I wanted to ask, but couldn't even spit a word out.

"Uh, you know what, never mind." I mumbled as I shook my head. "I'll be going now, bye."

"Goodbye, Reina."

I shut the door and sprinted to the academy. 'Tsk! Why couldn't I ask him a simple question? Geez, sometimes I'm afraid for no reason...' I thought bitterly. 'I just want to know the real reason everyone here hates me.. Is that to much to ask for...' Entering the academy, I walked straight to my class and sat in my seat. I noticed Naruto come in with a headband. I gasped, I thought he had failed? Did he pas after all? He ran over with a huge grin.

"Hey Reina! Look, look! I passed!" Naruto boasted excitedly.

"I noticed, how did you do it? I thought you failed." I said frowning at the thought.

"Oh, yeah, about that... I did something and Iruka-sensei gave it to me." Naruto shrugged nonchalantly.

I nodded my head slowly, "Okay, then.." I mumbled.

Wonder what he did to get another chance, I didn't know Uncle would do such a thing by giving him a second chance. He had to have done something major or life risking to get another chance. Oh, well. At least Naruto's here, safe and happy. Naruto sat beside me, as pineapple head passed our row.

"What the-? Why are you here?" Pineapple head asked baffled at Naruto presence. "Today's meeting is for graduates only."

I frowned at him, "Don't you see? He has a headband on, he passed fair and square." I stated coldly.

"Yeah, don't you see it? As of today, I'm a ninja, too!" Naruto shouted, fiddling with his headband.

Pineapple head sighed and nodded. "Okay, I see it. Troublesome people.." He muttered.

I smirked, "Hey, pineapple head. What's your name?" I asked, slightly curious.

He rose an eyebrow, "Pineapple head?" He asked.

"Yeah, you head and hair look like a pineapple, so I'm calling you pineapple head till I get your name. Now tell me, what's your name?" I asked again with no emotion.

"Shikamaru Nara." He said, "Now leave me alone, troublesome woman."

I chuckled. Troublesome woman? Please, the only troublesome woman are the fan-girls in this room. Shikamaru walked over to his seat as the floor started to shake. It sounded like a stampede!