Away From Danger - Deceiving Looks

Reina's P.O.V

As I continued to hold my younger self in my arms, my ears twitched at the sudden sound of metal clanging pretty loudly. It sounded just like metal doors being pushed open with excessive force. The litle girl in my arms flinched and shot up from my arms. She spun towards the door where the men that held her first came from. I rose an eyebrow as I followed her lead.

"Kuso! They're coming again!" She growled out.

I was shocked, "What do you mean again? Is there more on there way over here?" I asked her, still confused with the new situation at hand.

We both flinched at the loud sound from before, but this time it was three times louder than before. Someone was definitely on there way over here, and judging from how much closer the sound is, they're not messing around. I gritted my teeth together and looked over at little Reina. She was shaking in fear.

'I need to get her out of here safely, if not...' I thought, 'She's going to end up getting beaten by some other men like the ones from before. I can't let that happen!' I ran over to her and grabbed her by her shoulders. She looked up at me in surprise.

"Wha... Wh-What are you doing?" She asked me, most likely confused at my sudden touch.

"Getting you out of here safely." I said with, grabbing her by the waist and tossing her on my back. "Hold on tightly, I'm going to run as fast as I possibly can."

She gasped, "Wait, what?!"

Those were her last words before I took off throughout the house. At first, she squealed out at the speed I was going, but I did warn her. If I warned her, it was her fault from being scared, right? I quickly told her to try to be as silent as possible. I didn't want her giving away our position with those creeps searching for us, or that's who I thought they were looking for. 

'I'll keep you safe, little me. I won't let those men touch or hurt you like they did to me all those years ago.' I thought with pure determination, 'I won't ever allow that to happen.'

As I ran with her on my back, I could sense a few strong chakra's catching up to us really quickly. I took a sharp left into a dark hallway that was illuminated by a few torches. I could hear little me whimper at the darkness. I scolded myself internally for forgetting that I had this small fear of the darkness when I was younger. That fear of mine only came into place when my parents had tossed me into a chamber beneath the house as punishment for sleeping in. It was dark down there and you could say I never like it because of that. But after a while, soon after Kakashi has saved me, I lost that little fear.

'But she hasn't yet, she's still a child after all...' I mused, glancing at her from over my shoulders. Her small hands were wrapped securely around my neck and her legs wrapped around my waist. She had a tight grip for her age. I sweat dropped. 'It feels really weird thinking about myself when I was literally her a few years ago.'

"Turn left." She ordered me suddenly.

I was taken back, "Um, what...- Why?" I asked, continuing to speed down the dark and narrow hall.

"I can sense a few ninjas from the right hallway. They're not too strong, probably genin out Village leader sent out to get us, or me." She stated, shocking me at how sophisticated and smart she sounded.

'Did I really sound like that when I was little? I don't remember being so...like that.' I noted, feeling a bit dumb. I could barely speak like her now. I think my whole sophisticated aura was destroyed when I was thrown into that hell hole my parents considered my path to life. I trembled just of the memories of getting beat daily. Those days were horrible. I'm glad I was saved...I really am.

"Turn now! Hurry!" She whispered jn my ear, pointing towards the hallway she wanted me to go down.

I did just like she wanted me to do. I went left. It turns out she was spot on about there being ninjas in the right hallway, because not too long after I had went left, I could hear people shouting. She saved us.

I sweat dropped and glanced over my shoulder at her, "Thanks, kid. You saved us there." I muttered out, my eye twitching at the sight of her smug smirk.

'What the hell was I looking at? Another Sasuke, but it was me'?' I screamed.

She giggled, "You're funny looking." She stated bluntly.

I swear, if we had not been in such a serious situation, I would have fallen on my face right there. She just called me ugly, didn't she?

I twitched, "Sweetie, could you please keep your mouth shut? Please?" I sesethed out.

She shook her head and giggled, "Nope!" She said, popling the 'p'.

I sighed and leaped out of the building through a window that happened to be open. I guess there was really no arguing with her. She was a kid after all, they usually win no matter what. There really was no point in trying.

"Did...did we manage to escape from that place?" She asked me.

I nodded, "Yeah, just in time too. My back is starting to hurt after carrying you. You're not that light for a kid your age, you know that?" I stated.

She pouted and hopped off of my back, a cute glare on her face. "Be quiet." She said.

I rolled my eyes, I wanted to tease her a bit. "Oh my, or what?" I said in a fake fearful tone.

"This!" She shouted, kicking me in the shin.

I gasped in pain and fell to the ground. I bit my lip to hold in the names and words I was about to call her. I couldn't say things like that in front of her. She was too young but so...damn evil.

"Man," I winced, "You are just so...so..."

She smiled and clapped her hand together, tilting her head to the side innocently. "So what?" She asked, malice lacing her words.

I gulped, "Evil."

I swear her eyes darkened. It was like a sudden fire was lit. I gulped in fear as she stepped closer to me.

"S-sorry?"