Dreamscape - Glimpse Into The Past

Reina's P.O.V

I screamed in anger, banging my fists against the blood red water the covered the floor. I fell for Kakashi's stupid trick, I looked into his flipping eyes when I know better! He used his damn Sharingan on me, and now I'm in this...this dreamscape he made. But the worst part of this all - excluding this gigantic amount of what looked to be blood  - I didn't have a clue on how to get out of this place.

"Let me out, dammit!" I screamed, overly irritated about this whole situation.

This world, pitch black at the top and blood red at the bottom, had no escape. I was going to be stuck in here for who knows how long. 'Dammit...! D-Dammit!' I cursed in my mind, biting my lip as my eyes stared down into the bloody water. My reflection was wavering due to my constant smacking at the water. I could see my tear stained face pretty clearly. It only made things worse seeing that my hands were covered in red. It made it seem like...like I killed someone, maybe even more than just one single person.

This was just making things for me harder, by that, I mean taking in the fact I was covered in blood.

"Reina..."

I heard the faint whisper. Immediately, I jumped to my feet and I desperately searched the sky for the person talking to me.

"Hello?! Is anyone there!?" I yelled out.

There was a moment of silence before my desperate cry was answered.

"S-Save...me!"

My eyes widened in realization. That voice, it...it sounded just like Atsushi's! I felt pretty dumb for forgetting about this whole dreamscape area I was in, but at the moment I didn't give a crap about where I was in. I'd do anything to see my brother again, anything! 'Atsushi, I'm coming for you brother! Just you wait for me!' I thought, smiling widely as tears filled my eyes. 'I'll see you soon!'

I sprinted off into the distance, going as quickly as possible to see the one I care about one more time. Maybe now this was my chance to apologize for being a horrible little sister. I-I can tell him that I'm sorry for not saving him in time, for...practically k-killing him. This is my chance and I'm not wasting it!

"H-Help, p-please!"

From the sound of his voice, I could tell I was getting really close. His voice was almost too clear. A smile made its way to my lips, "Tataki, I'm coming!"

Just ahead of me there was a buliding that looked to be a house of some sorts. It was pretty big and it almost looked...royal. it was decorated in fancy decorations such as beautiful lanterns that lit up the sky, a shining dark wooded door, several Cherry Blossom trees in the front of the house, and a statute with an older person holding a katana into the air.

My eyes shined in awe, this place was beautiful. It really was stunning. I walked to the front door, scanning my area in curiosity. I couldn't believe that I was actually stepping foot on such a rich and prosperous property like this. I stopped in front of the door and held my hand up to knock. 'Should I knock?' I asked myself, questioning my actions.

"R-REINA!"

I quickly knocked on the door. When I placed my hand back at my side, the door slowly creaked open, letting me enter. I shivered, there was no one behind the door. The door was just left open then...

"Hello?" I asked as I walked into the dead silent house.

There was no answer.

"Okay then... I'll take that as a 'yes, go in' for now." I mused, walking inside taking the door opening as a sign of approval.

The house was very creppy looking, with dark, scratched up walls and candles that flickered on and off. This was abandoned from the looks of it. But why would someone ever abandon this marvelous place?

"-Hurry and bring her down here..."

I spun around at the sudden voice of a male. Someone was here! I hid behind a giant shelf and peeked out from side. Two men walked in the room, scanning it for intruders or people. He then gave a signal with a wave of his arm. I pursed my lips together. 'He... Those men, they look very familiar.' I noted.

"Let me go, pl-please! I j-just wanna see m-my d-dad!"

I winced at the very loud screaming that came from beyond the doors. The two men opened the doors wide and let in two other males who were holding someone captive. The person had a bag over their head and from the sound of things, I'm guessing it was a girl they caught. 'I need to help her...' I told myself, determination filling my veins.

"Shut up you stupid brat!" One of the men holding her spat, kicking the bag.

The girl yelped and cried out in pain as she was hit. I swear, if this goes on any longer I would lose it! No one deserves to be hit harshly for no reason at all. I'm stepping in the next time someone raises their hand against that child.

"N-No! Please l-let me go!" She yelled, squirming around.

One man that looked buff and angry beyond belief, walked over to the child and yanked her up by her neck. "Listen here, girlie. Either keep your damn mouth shut or else we'll do something that'll make sure you won't talk ever again, got it?" He growled.

The child shook and cried, "No, n-no, no! I w-wanna go home!" She screamed.

The men backed away from the buff one, letting him do as he pleased. The others were smirking and watching in amusement as the little girl was held up in the air like a rag doll. They did absolutely nothing to help her out. They enjoyed her pain. I grimaced, they must've been sadists.

"I warned you," He chuckled, "This is gonna be fun."

He started to punch the girl in her stomach consistently, laughing at the sound of her whimpers. I wanted to help, but for some odd reason my feet were glued to the floor. I couldn't do anything...no matter how hard I tried.

Once he was finished beating on the poor girl, he threw her to the wall I was nearby. She slid down against the wall, her head hung low. As her head hung, the bag was slowly yet steadily sliding off her face, letting me get a peek in who she was.

Instead of meeting a girls pair of eyes, a pair of eyes in which I thought belonged to some stranger I was trying to help out...

.
.
.
.

I met my own.