Fashionably Late - A Killer Unlike Us

Reina's P.O.V

We all stared down at Shika, utterly confused and just shocked as to why he just threw everything he did away. He made it to the final round and he just... He-- He gave up! I groaned. 'Dammit, Shika. I was really starting to think that you were super cool, more than I already thought you were!' I thought, a frown on my lips. To think he threw away the opportunity to become a Chunin.

"I used too much of my chakra by using shadow possession so many times and so quickly. I cant hold it another ten seconds." He stated, looking Temari in the eyes. "I thought of the next trick 200 times. But I'm out of time..."

He withdrew his jutsu, giving her full access again to her body and movement. Shika shrugged.

"This has become a much a pain. Doing one match is more than enough." He added.

I frowned even more, 'Oh, I forgot about that. I heard from someone that Shika had two battles. I think the other would have been against the sound nin?' I shook my head. I need to respect his choice in the end.

The proctor smirked, "The winner is Temari!" He announced.

I glanced over at Naruto, seeing as he was feeling exactly how I felt right now. We were both pretty stunned and somewhat frustrated that he blew his chance to rise up in the ranks. Unlike Naruto, I could understand a bit more that Shika was running out of Chakra and wouldn't be able to even finish her off in the first place. More so, he wouldn't be able to finish her, and then move onto his second battle with the sound nin. It was for his best.

I sighed and leaned back, "Naruto, we gotta understand what he's---" I started, only to be cut off by Naruto.

"I'll teach him a lesson!" He shouted angrily.

Naruto grit his teeth together and leaped over the banister of the arena. He made his way to Shika, toppling him down to the ground. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. He really did that in front of a live audience and both of the Kage's.

"You idiot!" Naruto shouted at Shika, pointing an accusing finger at him.

Shika was stretching his body, bending back and forward. He glanced at Naruto, "Shut up, you're the idiot." He retorted.

Naruto shook his fist, "Why the heck did you give up?" He asked.

"Let's not talk about that anymore, alright?" Shika responded lazily.

"It's not alright! It was a match you were so close to winning!" Naruto rambled on.

My eye twitched considerably. 'God, he is really an idiot sometimes.' I thought, looking down an Naruto. That couldn't be helped, though. Naruto was a lovable idiot that you couldn't blame for his actions.

Slowly, the crowd started to grow restless, as they waited for the next match to begin. They were beginning to doubt that Sasuke would show up at all, and that the match was a throw away. Although everyone had high hope in him winning because of the strength that the Uchiha clan had, they couldn't help but think about him being too afraid to show up.

I frowned and my gaze went over to the entrance of the arena. 'Sasuke...where are you?' I wondered, looking around to see if he was going to make an appearance. His match was already postponed once. I don't think they'd postpone it even more, would they? I gulped, feeling a pair of eyes burning into the side of my face. I looked over my shoulder, meeting Gaara's emotion lacking face. I grew tense as he didn't break his stare for a moment.

"WHERE IS THE UCHIHA?"

I jumped upon hearing everyone in the arena start to chant Sasuke's name or even ask where he was.