Marks Left Behind - Red-Headed Savior

Reina's P.O.V

Naruto, with his now red eyes, ran at the woman with a measly kunai in hand. Naruto sliced and punched the snake with the sudden surge of power he must have received from the nine-tails. The snake like woman blew a ball of fire at Naruto. The fireball came hurling at him, hitting him straight on. Naruto cried out. He landed on a branch bruised and burnt, twitching in pain every now and then.

The woman glanced at Sasuke, a hungry look swimming in the pool of her eyes. "Now, you're next." She mused, smirking as she slithered to Sasuke.

Even if Sasuke hurt me, betrayed Naruto, Sakura and me, I have to save him even if it costs me my life. That's what teammates do for each other! I ran in front of Sasuke and held out a kunai, with my eyes narrowed dangerously at the woman. Naruto ran over and managed to hold back the woman somehow.

"Naruto, get away from her! It's way to dangerous!" I said, my face contorted in worry.

Naruto didn't move. He did, however, glance back at Sasuke and I.

"Are you hurt..." Naruto trailed on, "Scaredy cat."

My eyes widened, "Naruto...that's what Sasuke told you during our mission in the land of waves." I muttered.

"The stupid coward I'm looking at now is definently not the Sasuke I know!" The woman appeared out from the snakes body, her tongue slithered out her mouth, wrapping itself around Naruto's body. With her tongue she brought Naruto over to her, lifting his shirt up. Doing so, she walked over and made some hand-signs.

"Five pronged sealing!" The woman yelled, placing her hand upon Naruto's stomach.

Naruto cried out in pain, he writhed around in her clutches. He stopped squirming around, his eyes went back to their normal blue color. He was now limp and his eyes were dazed. She threw him off to the side. Sakura was the first one to react, she flung a kunai at Naruto. It latched into the wood and held Naruto's shirt. He was now stuck against a tree. I smiled, 'Nice job, Sakura.'

Sakura took a deep breath and spun around, facing Sasuke. "Hey, Sasuke! What's wrong with you? It seems like Naruto certainly is different from you. He may be an annoying klutz who just happens to get in the way unlike you, but he's not a coward at all! You are!" She announced.

I smirked as I held my throbbing side, 'There you go, Sakura! Show him what you got. I guess you actually acknowledged his flaws now.' I mused. Sasuke bit his lip hard enough to draw blood, he hung his head and shook slowly. His head snapped up, his Sharingan imbedded in his eyes. I couldn't help but smile a bit, Sasuke was back, and hopefully he stayed like this.

"Just what I would expect from the almighty Uchiha Clan." She smirked.

Sasuke started to charge at her quickly, right away she blocked. The hand to hand combat commenced. Even with his Sharingan activated and his incredible speed, Sasuke was no match for the woman. She was no doubt much quicker than we could imagine. To me she appeared as a streak of color in the air.

Yet Sasuke had an upper hand. All the attacks thrown at him were avoided with the special help of his Sharingan. Sasuke blew multiple fireballs at her, they all missed but ended up burning or snapping trees in half. Smoke covered the area. I coughed a bit as my eyes were squinted, searching the area for Sasuke and that woman.

I saw Sasuke holding onto the woman as he was soaring to the ground. Her head was plunged inside the ground, her body twitched and suddenly went still. I narrowed my eyes at her figure. 'Could she possibly be dead so easily like this? It almost seems impossible...' I thought, hesitation taking over me. Her mouth fell open, her skin went pale and turned into a puddle. I gasped, 'When did she have the chance to use the substitution jutsu!?' Sasuke's gaze snapped to his right. He sprinted away quickly.