A New Chapter - Meeting Future Enemies

Reina's P.O.V

I walked to the bridge where Dad wanted us to meet early in the morning for some reason, he wasn't at home to tell me gave to face, there was a note on the fridge that's all. Once I arrived, I felt the tension in the air. I sighed, it's Naruto and Sasuke again, isn't it? Ever since we've come back from the Land of Waves, they both have been really strange around each other. They'd glare and scoff at one another, what they usually do, but now it's much often. To put it bluntly, it was very uncomfortable.

"Morning." I said, with a lazy wave.

"Good morning, Reina." Sakura smiled.

I gave her a faint smile back. Also, mine and Sakura's relationship has greatly improved ever since the Land of Waves. I guess my whole 'death' scared her so badly, she finally noticed her true feelings towards me. She actually thought of me as a friend, but on the inside... To be honest, I did too, but I would never show it till now.

"Morning, Sasuke, Naruto." I said.

"Good morning." They said at the same time, ending up white them glaring at each other.

I rubbed my neck, 'Geez, is anything else going to happen? I mean why are they being so cruel to each other? Nonetheless, getting angry when I'm around the other boy.' I thought. Sasuke and Naruto have been getting, well, angry when I'm around the other boy on the team. The other day I was with Naruto eating ramen with him and Sasuke happened to pass by, and when Sasuke saw us together, he didn't talk to me for 2 days straight. Same goes for Naruto when I'm with Sasuke...expect he only lasts 10 minutes.

A few hours passed, with no signs of my Dad, I should've expected this. He is always late...

"Good morning, everyone!" Dad said, appearing on top of the bridge. "Today I got lost on the path of life."

"Liar!" Sakura and Naruto shouted.

"Hey, Kaka-sensei! Our team always has the easy missions lately! Aren't there any more exciting missions where I can be active where I can use my ninja way and my soul?" Naruto shouted, fire burning in his eyes.

"I agree with him, ignoring the last part though." I agreed, lazily.

Dad sweat dropped, "Hai, hai. I understand what you're trying to say.." Dad assured Naruto, putting his hands up defensively.

Naruto turned to Sasuke and started to glare at him, he growled angrily. Glancing at Sasuke I nudged him lightly.

"Hey, Sasuke." I said.

"Hn?" He grunted.

"What's up with you and Naruto? You guys have been acting really weird recently. I not the only one who's noticed either." I stated.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Hn... I don't know." He answered.

"Oh." I mumbled, then grabbed his hand. "Let's go. Dad said we're going in a mission."

A tint of pink covered Sasuke's cheeks, I rose an eyebrow but still continued to drag him by the hand.

"Hey! What're you doing, Naruto? We're going on our mission!" Dad shouted to Naruto, who was glaring at nothing.

"Okay!" Naruto exclaimed.

_______________________

I was next to Sasuke picking weeds out of some woman's garden, this was the mission Dad was talking about. Another pointless mission like that cat catching one. I sighed and picked a handful of weeds out, placing them in a medium sized pile next to me. A half and hour or so later, we finished. Naruto on the other hand, had a giant pile of weeds and herbs next to him. He chuckled in triumph as he rubbed his nose. 'Those aren't weeds, baka.'