Shogi - Naruto's Nonsense

[ 3 Days Later - At The Hospital ]

Reina's View

I bit my lip and eyed my surroundings cautiously. I couldn't move, if I did now I would surely lose the battle here! I cursed quietly under my breath and glared at my opponent who wasn't nerved in the slightest. He was actually very calm and patient at a moment like this. His lips formed a small, yet sly smirk. 

"Do you give up yet?" He asked me, eyeing me up and down, waiting for me to decide on my next move. 

I clicked my tongue. 'What the hell am I supposed to do? No matter what I decide on doing he counters it like nothing. From the looks of things, I'm going to lose no matter what. It was destined.' Sighing softly, I narrowed my eyes and made up my mind. Moving to the side, I ended my turn.

"I win." He muttered out.

I smacked my forehead and leaned back with a loud groan escaping past my lips, "For the love of Jashin I suck at this damn game!" I whined. 

Shikamaru chuckled at my response to my loss. He placed his Shogi piece down and leaned back. 

"You're not too good at Shogi, huh, Reina?" He stated simply.

I nodded my head glumly and pouted, "Right you are, Shikamaru. You're the master of this game! Literally. You beat me twenty times in a row, what kind of luck is that!?" I exclaimed, leaning over the board, inching closer to him. 

Shikamaru clicked his tongue and turned away from me, a pink hue coating his cheeks. 

"What a drag... You woman over exaggerate things. To put it simply, I actually know how to play unlike you, that's all. There's no real luck in this game. Only strategy." He mused.

I blinked and slowly processed what Shikamaru just said. I narrowed my eyes at him and sat back down. 'Strategy, huh? So that's something I lack.' I pondered, gaining information on things I lacked just by playing a simple game of Shogi with Shikamaru. 

Shikamaru sighed and turned towards me after he was down blushing. He leaned forward and rested his chin on the palm of his hand. 

"So, Reina... Care to explain why you and Naruto suddenly have this bond?" He asked me randomly, changing the subject from Shogi to my relationship status with Naruto.

I rose an eyebrow, keeping my cool, "What do you mean? Naruto and I have always had a bond. We're teammates." I stated, confusion lacing my words. 

Shikamaru shook his head, "Not like that. I know that you two should have a close bond since you're a team and all, but I mean why are you two suddenly always with each other now?" He restated his question now.

"I was watching him train with Pervy-sage, nothing special." I said. He looked at me in a way that said, 'keep-going'. I sighed, "Naruto came up to me and told me about this old guy that was going to train him for the Chunin Exams, but being a little suspicious and hesitant unlike Naruto, I went on ahead and met the man for myself. With Naruto's help of course."

"Pervy-sage?" He questioned me with his an eyebrow raised.

I nodded and glared at him weakly, "Yeah, Pervy-sage. Now stop interrupting me, I thought you wanted me to explain what happened." I scolded him, earning a sweat drop in response.

I cleared my throat and continued where I left off before I was interrupted, "When I met him...well, let's just say he didn't necessarily seem to like me seeing that he pushed me off a cliff to my death." I stated with a grin.

Shikamaru frowned, "He pushed you to your...death?" He asked me again just to confirm he has heard correctly.

I nodded, "Yeah... He pushed me to my death. Luckily Naruto summoned that Chief toad." I muttered out, a small smile forming on my lips as the memory.