Time of Questioning - Letting It All Out

Reina's P.O.V

After the whole incident in the Hospital with Gaara trying to kill Lee and Guy-sensei scolding us about not fighting before the real exam itself, I couldn't stop overthinking over small things. When I look at myself in the mirror, I... I don't see myself. I see a spitting image of Gaara in my place.

I was really starting to believe that I was like him and that these were signs; that the hallucinations were telling me 'you're just like him whether you like it or not'. Why was it like this? I don't want to be compared to...to someone like him.

As I said before, during the preliminaries, all Gaara really needed was some love. But seeing his mental state... Finding him that love he needs is going to be a real difficult adventure. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I tilted my head to the side and I stared up at the stars in the sky.

After yesterday's events, I've been doing nothing but staring at the damned sky. I could see why Shika loved doing this. The sky was beautiful; breathtaking.

"If only I could be as laid back as him... He never worries about much, or at least that's what it seems like..." I muttered out quietly, reaching my hand out towards the sky.

I let out a deep breath, and I inhaled the clean, fresh air. Surprisingly, this was...relaxing. A smile made its way to my face.

"You know, I actually worry about a lot of things."

I jumped and did a double take.

"Sh-Shika?" I blurted out, my heart beating rapidly. "You scared the heck out of me!"

I glared at him softly and he simply smiled at this. He knew that my glare was just for show and that it had no real meaning behind it.

"Well, hello to you too, Reina." He said with a roll of his eyes as he sat down beside me.

I grinned sloppily, "So, what brings you up here?" I asked him.

He glanced at me from the corner of his eyes. "I usually gaze at the stars on a daily basis...this spot being one of my favorites. I should be the one asking you that." He stated.

I nodded slowly, "I guess you got me there..." I mumbled out in defeat.

He looked over at me, staring into my eyes. "Do you mind telling me why you are up here in the first place? This is unusual of you to be doing something like this. I mean, aren't you a cold-hearted, stoic expression girl?" He said, teasing me with a small smirk.

I rolled my eyes and pushed Shika softly, "Oh shut up." I said.

I sighed afterwards and kicked my feet up in the air.

"You're right, though. I'm not the kind of person to be staring at the night sky, after all, like you said, I'm a cold-hearted girl." I spat.

He frowned, "I didn't mean it like that, and you know that." He said.

"I know, I know... Sorry. I just...got offended I guess. I haven't been myself recently. I'm sure you can tell, right?" I mumbled, sadly.

He nodded quickly. I shut my eyes, 'I knew it... So it is obvious that I've been different. That's just what I wanted.'

"I'm not trying to sound like a creep or anything, but... Man, this is such a drag...but is it because of Gaara? The way he is with you?" He asked me.

I immediately tensed up. Just his name makes me shiver and go tense. After all that's happened, I feel like I'm traumatized in some way. I know I'm not, but it feels like I am.