Not A Failure! - Winner

Reina's View

"You failure."

My anger rose at this. Naruto was not a failure and I was getting really tired of people calling him that. First, it was Sasuke and then Sakura. Now Neji? Yes, there are more people who have called him a failure, but from the top of my head these were the names I could remember.

Then why don't you do something about it if it bothers you so much, Reina?

My eyes widened slowly. I thought the voice was gone for good after not being able to hear it for a while. I took a deep breath. 'Shut up. I'm done listening to you. I'm going to do what I want to do in my own way. I don't need your help when it comes to getting my own power and stuff.' I mused.

Not even for your dear Naruto? It seems like you care about him very well. Why not shed a little blood for him?

'I can do that some other time. Now wouldn't even be a good time with the amount of people in the arena, you shitty little voice.' I stated. I waited for an answer and nothing came back. I sighed. Just as expected. No response.

My thoughts then wandered over to my battle in the preliminaries. Since I lost, I wouldn't be facing anyone in these last few rounds. The only fight I really wanted to see was Naruto's, but something is wrong. I have a bad feeling in my stomach.

My first thoughts were either Kakashi was near by, someone was hurt or in danger. What was this awful feeling? I narrowed my eyes and looked around the arena. Someone isn't supposed to be here. Where is he? I continued to search for whoever or whatever seemed off, but I just couldn't spot it.

"Dammit!" I hissed.

I heard a loud cough or two. My gaze snapped down at the arena. Naruto was hunched over and coughing. My eyes widened in shock. Was he actually getting tired? I shook my head. Of course he is, he probably lost most of his chakra because of what Neji did. 'Still...' I watched Naruto breath heavily. 'How will he fight?'

I stared down at Naruto as he straightened his form and shut his eyes. I raised an eyebrow, "Oi? Is this idiot planning to sleep?" I seethed out.

Naruto suddenly made a hand sign and started to yell. I blinked. 'What in the hell was he doing? Didn't Neji close all his chakra points? He shouldn't be able to use any more chakra...' It started to look like Naruto was struggling to get what he wanted out.

"It's futile..." I muttered, immediately regretting what I said afterwards. Naruto's yelling got louder and a red chakra surrounded him. I face palmed. "I forgot about that chakra."

As Naruto yelled louder and louder as the seconds went by, Neji wavered and eyes Naruto in pure disbelief. He's probably shocked out of his mind. Even after closing all of Naruto's chakra points, Naruto still manages to seep chakra out of him like nothing was done. I smirked, while the red chakra grew to a larger size.

Neji stood his ground and prepared himself for Naruto to attack. However, Naruto vanished the next second he moved and instead, appeared above and behind Neji. He threw a bundle of shurikens at Neji.

"Rotation!" Neji shouted, sending the shurikens away. As his spinning came to a halt, he caught the shuriken that Naruto threw and threw them back. The shuriken never hit Naruto seeing as he vanished from Neji's sight once again. I watched the fight in amazement. Now that Naruto was using the nine tails power, his speed increased drastically and he actually had a chance to land some attacks on Neji.

Then suddenly, there was a huge cloud of smoke in the middle of the arena. People around me gasped in shock. I raised and eyebrow and bit my lip. 'Was that from Naruto? I honestly can't tell due to my lack of concentration to this fight.' I frowned. As the smoke cleared, there were two holes in the ground. One was most likely Neji, and the other was Naruto. I wonder who would rise from the hole first.

Neji or Naruto.

A few seconds later, Neji came limping out of the hole he was in. I frowned. It just had to be him. Neji made his way to the other hole where Naruto laid. Neji was talking, but you couldn't hear him since this one time he was muttering to himself. I sighed. This was a good battle for Naruto despite the outcome.

Suddenly, the ground beneath Neji shook and cracked open little by little. I grinned madly. "I swear, you have too many tricks up your sleeve, baka." I laughed.

Naruto rose out from the ground, his fist held proudly above him. His fist made contact with Neji's chin and sent him in the air. Neji fell back and didn't move. That idiot and his shadow clone jutsu. My grin grew wider in excitement knowing Naruto beat that stinking Hyuga. He has definitely grown when you compare his from when we first were put together as a team to now.

The proctor stuck his hand out, "The winner of this match is Uzumaki Naruto!" He declared.

We all cheered. I stood up from my seat and clapped. "Hell yeah! You did it, Naruto!" I shouted over the crowd's loud cheers. "You're one step closer to becoming the Hokage! Haha!"

Naruto peered up at the stands and looked around. I smiled and waved at him, hoping that he would see.

He did. Naruto grinned and waved at me.

"Congrats, Naruto. You really are getting so much stronger than I would have ever expected." I stated. My smile fell and I dropped my hand down to my side.

I've noticed you weren't letting Naruto and Sasuke exceed you purposely.

Why was I recalling that at this time?

You're actually weak.

Am I starting to think that he was right?

You always knew from the start that he was right. Succumb to killing to find your power. It all starts with a little bloodshed.

I shook my head and stood up. I need to go take a breather. This voice was starting to piss me off.

Your path has been decided the moment your choice to follow the path of creating fear.

Shut up.

Accept yourself for who you are.

No.

You're a murderous Hizō with the one and only intent to kill all that's in their way.

...Oh yeah. My path was set the moment I was born into the Hizō clan. I want to change how everyone sees my clan, but not in a good way. I'll give my clan a new name. They won't be called murderous. I smiled evilly. It'll be worse that that.

You know your destiny. So follow it and accept it, then I shall make my appearance.

The path of hatred, huh? I walked up the stairs. Doesn't seem to bad.