Reina vs. Gaara - Only One Goes On

Reina's P.O.V

My heart was beating at an abnormal rate. Why was it that I had to go against him of all people?! Why...

"Oh Jashin...no!" I muttered, horrified beyond belief.

My teams eyes were burning into my skull, more Naruto and Sasuke than Sakura. It was a bit relieveing to see that my team cared enough that they worried for my safety. Seeing I'm going against Gaara; the Sand nin who managed to easily pass this test without a damn scratch, this was horrifying. While I had so many scraches, bruises, and injuries along with many others around me.

I glanced around. Temari and Kankuro were eyeing me with some sort of pity in their eyes. This caused me to frown deeply. So it seems like they know what's going to happen to me. I chuckled a humorless chuckle, I guess today is the day where I face reality of this corrputed world. I might as well head down...

Just as I was going to take a step, someone, or two people yanked me back. I frowned. "Stop it, guys. You both know I can't back out now." I stated bluntly, sadness seeping into my words.

Naruto shook his head, his blonde locks swaying side to side. "Reina, don't do it! You're going to get hurt, dattebayo!" He shouted, stating what I thought was the obvious.

I sighed, "Please, Naruto. Don't do this now... I can handle myself, if I couldn't do that I'd be dead by now." I said, smiling somewhat forcefully.

Naruto nodded and backed off, smiling at me widely. "Alright, good luck, Reina." He said, walking to stand next to Sakura.

Suddenly, Sasuke muttered something. I rose an eyebrow and leaned in closer to him. I didn't quite hear him.

"Eh, what was that?" I asked, curiously.

Sasuke's cheeks were a pale pinkish color. He glared at the ground and spilled it, "Don't let that idiot hurt you...make sure you stay alive for me-- us, us..." He blurted out, completely blowing my mind just seeing him act this way.

I smiled, pushing away the fact he nearly killed me during the time we spent yesterday. I kinda liked this new side of Sasuke, the soft side of his.

"Hey, don't worry about me so much, Sasuke. You know I'm better than you think... I...I should be able to handle this." I said. Right?

He smirked, "Whatever you say." He said, backing off with a nod. I nodded back and headed down to stand next to Gaara and Hayate.

As I stepped closer and closer to Gaara, fear began to bubble up in the pit of my stomach, little beads of sweat dripped down the side of my face. I bit my lip. I haven't experienced this amount of fear before, this is just unbelievable. My body is literally trembling in fear even if I try my best not to. From the corner of my eye, I could see dad looking very displeased with my opponent. Perfect, I guess everyone knows the amount of danger I'm in.

I stopped infront of Gaara. He stared at me blankly, a hint of...pity in his eyes? What the-

"Now that both the contestants have stepped down. We will begin the next battle." Hayate said and backed away, raising his hand slowly.

I shut my eyes, praying to lord Jashin and Atsushi. 'Please, give me your luck! I'm going to need it!' I screamed.

"You may now...begin!" He shouted.

I immediately jumped back to gain some time do Justu's. We just stared at each other, myself glaring at him while he did nothing but stare back blankly. What was he waiting for, for me to make the first move? I clicked my tongue, glaring at Gaara angrily.