Gaara's Story - Guy to The Rescue

Reina's View

"It's called Shukaku, the living wraith of an old monk in the Village Hidden in the Sand," Gaara mused. "Sealed inside a tea caldron."

Shikamaru shivered and chuckled lightly, "It must have been a demon possession jutsu, performed on a baby before it's born." Shikamaru stated, "To go that far they must have been totally nuts."

I narrowed my eyes at Gaara. 'So he does have a monster in him...literally. He has a beast in him like Naruto, but instead of being the nine-tailed fox he must have the Sand Village's beast. Shukaku, the one-tailed beast.' I noted.

"What a thing for a parent to be doing! What a kind of twisted love." Shikamaru mumbled.

"Love?" Gaara said, as if he were testing out the word of his tongue. He looked over at me for a second while doing so, before his eyes shifted back to Shikamaru and Naruto.

"Don't measure me by your standards." He spat.

I shivered and looked away from his gaze. I still couldn't get used to the fact that he was craving me. The he believed that I was his... I didn't belong to anyone, I had a choice in things like this too, you know.

"Family, huh...? Let me tell you what kind of ties I have to my family." Gaara stated, his eyes burning a hole through my skull. "They're ties of hatred, ties of murderous intent. My family is just a lump of flesh to me."

My breath hitched in my throat at this. How could he say such a thing? He has an actual family who most likely cares about him while he seem to hate them with all his heart. He's lucky to even have someone that he could consider family... I had Kakashi, but...he lost all ties he had to me. I bit my lip and clenched my fists together at my side. Does Gaara have a good enough reason to hate them so badly? He has to have a reason, right?

"Nourished with the life of my mother, I was crafted as the ultimate masterpiece of the village... The Kazekage's child." He added.

My eyes flew open. He was the Kazekage's son? That's impossible! Wouldn't they want someone to special to be protected at all times with some sort of bodyguards just in case he were to be attacked? I then took a moment to think of my question for a second. Of course they don't have anyone protecting him, he would scare away anyone that were to get near him. Either way, he's really powerful for someone at our age... There's no doubt about that. He has power like no other.

"I was taught by my father the innermost secrets of the shinobi, spoiled, over-protected, and left alone." He said. This caused my heart to ache. I knew how he felt. My family abandoned me when I was younger after years of telling me they cared and loved me. "And I thought that was love..."

"Until that incident happened." He added with a snarl.

I raised an eyebrow, "Incident?" I wondered out loud.

"What are you talking about!?" Naruto exclaimed.

Gaara hung his head and I noticed a dark smirk make its way to his lips. He snapped his gaze up at us and that's when I noticed how enlarged his eyes were. They were filled with insanity.

He chuckled darkly, "In the six years since I was six years old, my father has tried to assassinate me more times that I can count!" He blurted out rather proudly.

I grimaced, "Why are you saying it like it was some achievement?" I asked with a frown.

"But I thought you just said that your father spoiled you?" Shikamaru said.

Gaara's smirk widened, "Those who are too strong are going to be feared... I was deemed as a dangerous presence at the age of six..."

I froze and shook. 'I...I can relate to that almost too much...' I noted, 'H-He's the same as me in some ways.'

He glared at us, only making the air get thicker than it already was before.

"I live fighting for myself and loving myself. As long as there is others to kill who can make me feel this happiness to be alive, I will never disappear."

I gulped as Gaara's eyes wandered over to me. Shikamaru clicked his tongue and he blocked me from Gaara's view. I sighed in relief and inwardly thanked him for stepping in front of me. But then that was when Shikamaru gasped loudly.

"What!? He shouldn't be able to move with my shadow possession jutsu!" He pointed out.

I looked over his shoulder to see Gaara's sand swirling around the room. My eyes widened in fear.

"Naruto!"

I pushed Shikamaru aside lightly and I went over to Naruto's side. "Naruto, snap out of it!" I hissed, shaking him roughly. It wasn't working though. Naruto was deep in his thoughts and I couldn't take him out of them.

"I'll kill you!" Gaara shouted, his sand shooting out at us.

I gasped and wrapped my arms around Naruto, protecting him with myself. I shut my eyes and waited for some sort of pain to overcome my body. While doing so, I couldn't help but smile at how many times I've been in this exact same position.

"That's enough!" Someone screamed just as little specks of sand trickled down my shirt.

My eyes flew open as I recognized who this voice belonged to. This was the first time I was actually happy to hear his stupid enthusiastic voice of his.

"Guy-sensei..." I muttered.

Naruto gulped and looked down at the ground in embarrassment. I sighed and decided on leaving him alone until he was comfortable with talking to me.

"The Preliminary round is tomorrow. There's no need to rush like this!" Guy shouted.

Gaara didn't answer. Instead, he held his hand and groaned in pain as his sand went back into his gourd. He walked out of the room but stopped before he was about to step out.

"I will... I will kill you all without fail. Just you wait." He growled, exiting the room.

I let out a deep breath and I feel to my knees. I had just noticed how badly my legs were shaking throughout this whole thing. I was scared. More than I thought I was.

"God dammit..." I growled out, punching the ground.

"What's wrong?" Shika asked me.

I shook my head and muttered out a quick nothing. He eyed me suspiciously but he let me go for the moments notice. I ran my hand through my blue hair and I shivered.

Was I like Gaara?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: Finally I got an update out. Thank lord Jashin for giving me the motivation to update and get away from all the bs that is currently happening in my life. Welp, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and there shall be more to come seeing I will be in Thanksgiving break starting tomorrow after school is over :) Goodbye!