Inari's Story - Sasuke's Story - Reina's Story

Reina's P.O.V

I peered closely at Tazuna as he got teary-eyed just talking about Inari's father, the so-called hero of the land. 'Could the story be that bad?' I pondered, regret swelling in the pit of stomach. 'Maybe, I shouldn't have asked... After all, it's only bringing sad memories to Tazuna, Tsunami and Inari as well.'

"It was about three years ago, when Inari met the man..." Tazuna said, and explained the whole scenario about Inari getting pushed into the water by some bullies, so he could save his dog. "Potchi learned how to dog paddle then."

His own dog turned against him. That's horrible...

"The man who saved Inari from drowning, was a man named Kaiza. He was normal fisherman who'd come to this land from another country in search of his dreams. After that, Inari really looked up to Kaiza. It may have been because Inari had lost his real father when he was still to going to remember anything. He was very attached to Kaiza, they were like father and son. It didn't take long or Kaiza to become a member of this family. He was the kind of man this town needed." Tazuna said, smiling sadly at the memories.

Tazuna told us the whole story about the dam being over flooded, and how Kaiza managed to do it. This Kaiza man seemed pretty strong to me, to be able to swing in a strong current like that, you would've needed strong muscles in your arms.

"From then on, the people of this village called him a hero. But that was until the time Gato set his eyes on our land... Kaito was executed in front of our very own eyes, Inari's eyes. Gato's men had ruined Kaiza's arms, the ones he said he would protect our land with. Ever since that day, Inari has changed.. Tsunami, all the townspeople too.." Tazuna said, sighing.

I glared at the wall. I lifted my chin with the palm of my hands. 'That explains why Inari doesn't believe in heroes...' Naruto stood up abruptly, only to end up with his face flat on the floor.

I sighed as I rubbed my temples at Naruto's slight stupidity. "Oi, Naruto. What do you think you're doing? You're pretty much depleted most of your chakra by training, I hope you know if you keep moving like you are now you'll die." I said rather calmly.

Naruto lifted his sore body off the ground, looking up in determination. "I'll prove it.." He muttered.

Prove what exactly?

"Prove what?" Sakura asked, completely speaking my mind.

"I'll prove that there are heroes in this world!" Naruto shouted, filled with determination like usual.

Still, I couldn't help but grin. He wanted to help Inari, who wouldn't want to help a little boy get back to normal? Well, maybe Sakura wouldn't... She'd scare him away...

I gave Naruto a grin, "There we go, that's the Naruto we all know." I grinned, "Now go on, train.. Just be careful."

And he did. Naruto ran out the door to finish training, training that would to prove Inari there's heroes. Yawning lazily, I stood up from my chair and headed to the roof to gaze at the stars.

"If you want me, I'll be up in the roof. Don't bother me unless you have something important to tell me." I said a little more coldly than I intended to.

Once I reached the roof, I lied down. It was the only place I would get peace and quiet from all the trouble in the world. My eyes scanned the stars. 'They are so free, able to move around on their own will with no one to order them around. They have no feelings like we do, no pain... How I wish I could spend a small amount of time as a star, to at least see how they live.' I thought, with a small sigh. 'It isn't that easy though. Dreams are dreams; some are able to achieve those dreams while others simply cannot. Those who cannot hold dreams, which seem impossible, are pushed down and left with a small will to make another dream, one much smaller than the impossible one, one that will have a higher chance of becoming reality. And the one I have, to figure out why I'm hated for my looks...may just be an impossible one, a dream at will not be reached...'