Forgiveness - True Self Revealed

Reina's P.O.V

'Hate... I have to make people hate me.' I repeated, a smile making its way to my lips. 'Maybe Gaara right, making people hate me is the best thing I can do now.' I stare at my hand, my fingers seemed to be shaking non-stop. It looked like I was anxious, nervous.... Was I?

"Reina!"

I jumped and stared up at Atsushi, clasping my hand together, "Y-Yeah?" I asked, shaking me head softly, pushing all the unnecessary thoughts away.

He frowned, "Are you even listening to me?" He asked sternly, walking over to me, leaning close to my face.

I sheepishly shook my head, gazing downwards at the floor. "No." I answered simply and truthfully.

Make everyone hate you.

"Well then, pay attention, will you? I'm telling you about the next part of the exams which you happened to miss the whole announcement." He said, glaring at me.

My eyes widened. I totally forgot about the next part of the exams. "Tataki, tell me. Tell me about the next part of the exams." I said, grabbing his hand.

The next and final part of the exams, that'll be the best time to make everyone hate me. I need to know when and where they are going to he taken. I'm going to trust Gaara's words.

Atsushi blushed, "U-Uh, yeah, s-sure." He said, clearing his throat and glancing back at me with a darker blush. "Well, the final round of the Chūnin Exams will be taken in this arena kind of thing, and it's going to be in a while. I think a month or so, I'm not so sure, your friends didn't tell my everything."

I nodded, taking everything in. So the final round was going to be held in an arena? Wouldn't that mean that the citizens would be able to go and watch?

"Alright, thanks, Tataki." I said, looking away with a straight face. Hate is power. "You can go now."

Atsushi jumped back in shock at my tone, "O-Okay..." He stuttered, standing up and walking over to the door. He stopped and clenched his hand around the doorknob. "Reina..."

"What?" I asked, looking over at Atsushi from the corner of my eye.

"Stay safe...for me, please." He said, opening the door and stepping out. "I can't lose you already. I-I'm sorry."

I blinked in confusion at what he meant. I can't lose you already? What did he mean by that? Did Atsushi consider me something? I sighed and shook my head. I'm thinking into this too much, I should be resting so I could heal properly. I looked up at the ceiling, 'Whatever you apologized for, I forgive you for it.'

Just as I thought I was going to get some peace and quiet, some time to rest, there was knocking at my door.

I sighed in annoyance and rolled my eyes, "Who is it now?!" I asked, sitting up.

The door opened, my eyes widened. "N-Naruto." I said.

He frowned, "I-I'm sorry, I didn't know you weren't in the mood for company." He said, scratching his cheek as he looked away from me. "I'll get going if you want me to, Reina-chan."

Right as Naruto took a step back, I held out my hand and shouted words I shouldn't have. "No, please stay!"

Naruto's eyes widened. I bit my lip and looked away in embarrassment. "Okay, I'll stay here with you, dattebayo!" He shouted, running over to the side of the bed. 

My heart then began to throb is immense pain, I groaned and held my head. 'Stop it, Reina! MAKE HIM HATE YOU, HEHE!' Some voice ordered. It sounded very snake-like and almost mischievous. 'You will fall to your knees, you will be ours!' My eyes glanced around the room non-stop, my head was hurting more and more each second. What was this? Who was talking to me?