Tanjoubi Omedetou! - Final Round: Ready

A/N: When you think you published the chapter and come back a few days later only to see there was an error that stopped it from uploading... *cries in a corner*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Reina's P.O.V

After a few weeks, the day finally came for when the finals rounds would be held. I was scared to death. Worried to death, really. Naruto and Shika were going to be in the arena with Gaara and who knows what the hell is going to happen with those three. For Jashin's sake, Shika and Naruto practically asked him to fight them. I sighed deeply and let my head drop. 

"Maybe I'm just overthinking all of this... Shika and Naruto can take care of themselves, they're strong." I tried my best to reassure myself. Right?

All of this stress that I've been building up was really starting to get to my head. I couldn't stop worrying about Naruto when he would go out and train for a bit alone. I always had the thought that Gaara would try attacking him when he was alone like he did with Choji in the back of my mind. The same would go for Shika when he went to train with Asuma. The smallest of things made me worry. Not only was I stressed out, but the whole situation with...Kakashi and Iruka is still on my mind. 

I don't know what to do. I don't know how to react properly. I mean, it's hard to process the fact that the two people I cared about the most betrayed me in a way. Well--... Not in a way, they did betray me. I shook my head and walked a little faster. My heart was beating wildly and my breath was picking up. 

Calm down... Take a deep breath, Reina. Take a deep breath.

As soon as that was out, my vision blurred and I swayed to the side, falling to the ground with a thud. I groaned and tried sitting up as my head swayed side to side.

"What the--! Ugh, miss? Miss, are you okay?!" Someone asked me.

I nodded and blinked rapidly, hoping that my vision would come back. 'God dammit, why did this have to happen now? I'm just embarrassing myself sitting here on the ground.' Hands were placed on my shoulders and I smacked them away right away.

"Please don't touch me. I'm-- I... Just...just leave me alone. I'm fine." I blurted out, forcing myself to stand up with a sneer thrown to whoever was trying to help me.

I didn't mean to be rude, but I couldn't really control my actions; my emotions.

"O-Okay then, I'm sorry. But I'm not going to stand around while you're swaying around like you're drunk." They snapped back at me.

I looked over my shoulder, eyes widening at who it was.

"A-ah, um... You're Temari, right?" I asked her for confirmation, completely ignoring her statement.

She blinked and nodded, quickly realizing who I was as well.

"Yeah, and you're that one girl who stood up to my idiot brother, right?" She asked, a knowing smirk on her face.

I nodded with a small smirk, "The one and only." I answered.

She shook her head and stuck her hand out to me, "Well, it's nice to meet you then, Reina." She said.

I took her hand and shook it, "Likewise." I stated

After shaking hands we both walked side by side to the area where the final round would be held. After all, she was to be in it with her two brothers.

"If you don't mind me asking, shouldn't you already be in the arena for the final round? I thought the winners of the preliminary rounds were to be there early." I noted.

She nodded, "You're right about that. I just had some things to do before heading out. I'm still on time and that's all that really matters." She answered.

She then rose an eyebrow and looked over at me, "Now I have a question for you." I nodded giving her the go. "Why were you tripping over your own feet just a few minutes ago?"

I sweat dropped noticing the look she was giving me, "I don't drink if that's what you're asking. You could say I had a painful headache..." I said.

She nodded her head and placed her hands on the back of her head, stretching with a sigh.

"Okay, then I have one more question for you."

"What is it?"

She sighed loudly and frowned.

"Gaara."

I stiffened up, but continued to keep walking. Hopefully she didn't notice the sudden tension that came over me as she had said his name.

"What are you to him? What is he to you? Are you trying to kill him?" She asked a series of questions with a dark glare aimed at me.

I clicked my tongue and grimaced at this, "No I'm not trying to kill him. In all honesty, it seems like he's trying to kill me. Oh, and he's nothing to me. Just another opponent." I answered.

I clenched my teeth just at the thought of him. That bastard kissed me forcefully! He's even tried to hurt Sakura, Lee, Naruto and Sasuke-- my own teammates, my friends. He's called me his mate. How delusional can one person be?! I shivered at the memory of being kissed by him. I was scared for my life at that moment. Although in the end, I was rescued and taken away from Gaara's hands by-- by him. My heart hurt at the smallest thought of him. 

Temari eyes me carefully, "I don't know whether or not I should believe you. If I should even trust your words." She remarked.

I grimaced and glanced over at her. I narrowed my eyes and snarled, "I wouldn't be talking. I mean, should I even be trusting someone from a different village who could very well be planning something?" I spat out.

She tensed up rather quickly and didn't say a single word at this. 

I smirked and clapped suddenly, "Who am I kidding? Another village wouldn't be stupid enough to plan something at a time like this." I laughed and walked away, leaving Temari behind me gawking at me in shock.

Really at this point anything could happen. A war. A feud between two villages may erupt. Who knows?  All I really know is that I have a bad feeling about all of this. The final rounds, I should say... My gut feeling was telling me to stay away from the arena where the final round is being held.

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck.

"What am I thinking? This stress is really getting to me..." I mumbled and shook my head as I continued to walk to the arena.

Nothing is going to happen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: HAPPY SUPER LATE BIRTHDAY, REINA! (2/10/?) My blue haired baby girl has grown so much! *cries* Thank you all for sticking with me and her throughout these past few years (I think it has been a few years lol)