Quick Snack - Very Sudden

A/N: I just noticed that the last chapter was #69 and that we reached 400k reads. Dear Jashin. This a lot of chapters and reads, don't ya think? I can't believe I've written so much and brought this story this far. But you all helped me get here. So thank you for bringing me here, for helping me with this story.

Now let's start this chapter (which is another filler)!

=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=°=

Reina's View

Shika and I were walking around the village for some place to sit down and eat. He wanted to help get rid of our previous conversation from my mind. I thought it was really nice if him to try and help me ease down a bit. I'm glad I became friends with pineapple head.

"Do you want something heavy or light?" He asked me, glancing at me from the corner of his eyes for a mere second.

I hummed, "Let's get something light. I'm not that hungry." I said.

He nodded, "I know exactly where to go then." He said.

Shika sped up and walked on ahead a bit. I did the same.

"Stay close to me, I don't want to lose you in the crowds now. That would be such a drag." He said with a groan.

I smirked, "Don't worry. You won't be losing me anytime soon." I assured him.

He nodded with a smirk of his own. I did as he told me and I made sure to follow him closely. He was right to warn me about the crowds, they were difficult to maneuver through. I glared at a lady that pushed me to the side, almost causing me to topple over.

"Watch it!" She screeched.

I stuck my tongue out at her and flashed her my finger. She gasped and held her hand over her heart. I burst out laughing and I ran to catch up with Shika. I have no idea what that finger means, but I love how people react to it. I have to thank that kid next door for teaching me it sometime.

I caught up to Shika and acted like nothing just happened a few seconds ago.

"We're here," Shika said, nodding at the building in front of us.

I rose an eyebrow, "Already? Where are we?" I questioned, looking at the buildings sign. I squinted, "Atsu's Sushi! Welcome."

"Sushi's light, so I thought you'd like this place." He said.

I grinned, "Well, you seem to know my kind of food!" I laughed, making my way to the door, Shika following close behind.

"Let's eat!"

~*~

"Man... I can feel my pockets emptying." Shika sweat dropped.

I grinned and chuckled nervously, as Shika eyed the mountain of plates in front of him.

I scratched the back of my neck sheepishly, "Sorry, I guess I was a little hungrier than I expected. I'll pay if that makes you feel a little better."

He signed, "It's fine, I'll pay. After all, I did offer to take you here." He said.

I smiled, "Thanks, Shika." I said.

He smiled, but quickly his smile was replaced with a frown.

I raised an eyebrow, "What's wrong...?" I asked him.

"If you don't mind, can you tell me what happened to that kid Atsushi? I noticed his team walking around the village, but he's never with them." He asked me.

I grit my teeth together tightly. Well, wasn't that a quick change of subject... 'Dammit Shika, sometimes I hate how curious you are; how well you can observe.' I scowled.

I could tell that once Shika saw my reaction, his curiosity sparked even more.

"So you do know something. I knew it..." He muttered out, clasping his hands together and resting his chin on them.

"Care to tell?" He added.

"No." I spat out right away.

He raised an eyebrow at my attitude, "Why-"

I glared at him darkly, "Because it's none of your concern. He's apart of another team that will go against you during the final part of this stupid exam. If you want it know so badly, then you should go ask his teammates. Not me." I retorted.

Shika frowned and furrowed his eyebrows, eyeing me in suspicion. Of course my behavior was catching his attention. I acted irrationally when he mentioned Atsushi. I gave away that I knew something so quickly... That was stupid of me. However, Shika was not going to find out. Not now, now ever.

My status in this village was in stake. Imagine how everyone would react once they found out that I killed someone who was participating in the Chunin Exams? They would think that I was trying to start a war between the Leaf and another village. We don't need another war!

Shika narrowed his eyes, "Why are you acting so defensive when it comes to him? Like you said, he's an opponent. So why defend him?" He asked me, curiosity in his tone.

I froze at this. I guess he's right. If he was an opponent from the start, why was I defending him?

Because you considered him a brother, but he was an enemy like I said to Shika, I did make a point.

He was different. He was the blood you never had. The family you wish was yours from the start.

I gulped and furrowed my eyebrows together, as I held my head.

He actually cared about you unlike Kakashi and that idiot you call, uncle.

That's... That's true. Kakashi and Iruka really don't care about me, huh? They used me for their enjoyment, and right when I started to become useless to them, they toss me away like a used toy. Like I never meant anything to them. I guess I was never their daughter to begin with.

However, I was always Atsushi's sister. He actually cared.

I stood up from my seat and glared at Shika. He stood up as well and looked me in the eyes, not wavering ever so slightly.

"If you really want to know why I care about him so much, why I worry about him... Then why don't you ask him himself?" I smiled grimly.

He didn't say a word as I walked out. It seemed to me like he was actually considering on doing just what I suggested. I smirked and laughed dryly.

"I'm sorry, Atsushi. But I'm just doing what's best." I mumbled out.

I always have been.