Back To The Future - Hero

Reina's View

My breath hitched in my throat. 'That... Th-That was actually me!' I thought in horror. I was scared beyond belief. This just couldn't be...m-me, right? This had to all be some kind of joke, some kind of prank that was happening right now.

"P-Please, don't h-hurt me a-anymore! I-I just w-wanna s-see my d-dad!" She cried out through her tears.

The men that were holding her down each snarled or snickered in response to her words. One of them walked over to her and yanked her up by her blue hair. My blue hair. I winced as she yelped in pain. Her hair wasn't in a braid like mine, her hair was straight and it flowed down to her mid-back. It was beautiful.

"Shut the hell up, you pest!" He yelled, tugging at her hair.

She cried even louder and whimpered under his harsh grip. Watching this happen in front of my own eyes was making my stomach turn. I couldn't keep doing this. I needed to help myself out. I bit my lip, 'But how do I do it?' I asked myself.

I looked down at my legs, scanning for my weapon pouch or block of metal. I had absolutely nothing on me, but the clothing I usually wear. I cursed under my breath and stared at little old me with worry.

I let out a deep breath, "You can do it, Reina. Do it for yourself. You can do it with or without a weapon." I muttered quietly, doing the best I could to encourage myself.

I heard her scream as she was suddenly slammed against the wall, her head hitting the hard wall with such force the room shoke. My eyes widened at this. 'Now is the time to make my move!' I shouted. 'There's not time left...'

I ran out from behind the giant shelf I was hiding at. The men gasped and each yelled out in surprise.

"What the?!"

"It's another Hizō!"

"Get her!"

The little girl slowly lifted up her brusied face and smiled at my presence, "H-Help..."

I smiled back and nodded, "Don't you worry, sweetie. I will." I said in the kindest voice I could muster.

I flinched as a kunai skimmed the side of my arm, causing blood to ooze out slowly. I looked at her, and her eyes were shining with shock, hope. A ghostly smile made its way to my face. I turned to the four men and glared at each of them harshly. Each of them had a kunai or shuriken in hand, however, one of them was carryinga katana. From his weapon, I could only guess that he was the one giving the orders to these men. Now he was going to be the one to die first.

"Why are you all harming her?" I asked in a stern tone.

The more bulkier one stepped forward with a large scowl on his face, "Who are you to be asking us questions, girl?" He barked.

I hesitated, "I'm... I'm just like you said, another Hizō. You wouldn't want to hurt me now, would you?" I mocked him, using his own words against him.

They all looked at each other and nodded, "Orders are orders..." They muttered out, madness swimming in the back of their eyes.

I backed away in fear of what was about to happen. I recognize that look any where! They were set on killing me, I had no choice in this now. After all, my family, the almighty Hizō clan, was powerhungry. They'd do anything, even---

Kill their own clan members to obtain what they crave; power.

I looked over my shoulder at my younger self with fear, "Rei- Kid, hide now, hide in back of the big shelf right over there! Don't you dare come out until I say so, understand?" I explained.