Teasing - Kakashi's Curse

Recap of the past chapters (for those who are confused. Hopefully this helps a bit!):

Having struggled through life with pain and hate thrown at her, Reina's guardian, Kakashi Hatake, thinks of ways for his beloved little girl to find a place in the world. Even if it meant he had to go down the wrong path. Parenthood was never an easy thing to start of with, but having to take care of a child mistaken as a monster proved to be no easy task. Kakashi took matters into his hands and found a way to make his daughter stronger, so much stronger that the world would no longer cower away from her in fear, but this time they would rush to her in admiration and awe. But not all things go as planned, and this was one of those few things. Kakashi's intentions have gone horribly wrong, yet he fails to notice so. It seems like he's been consumed by the urge we call...greed. Kakashi was greedy for power. After Reina was tossed into nightmare after nightmare; being attacked by Orochimaru, getting claimed as a mate to a Jinchuriki, losing the boy she could call brother, and now, she was practically getting tortured by her own guardian.

After being tossed into a world where she relived her childhood, Reina now sees things in a different way. She sees her Dad as a cruel monster, Gaara as an obsessed maniac, and herself as a...

--monster.

What could she be considered? Was she too powerful for her own good? Could she get rid of this power with the aid of her blonde headed friend and lover, Naruto? Or will it be too late for her to choose a different path in her life. Reina's life has yet to begin. This is just the beginning of her story.

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Reina's View

Shikamaru and I smiled at each other. I nodded and he reached under Naruto's hospital bed to grab the fruit basket he had bought for Choji. Since Choji wasn't allowed to eat the fruit due to his current condition, we might as well offer it to Naruto since he isn't that bad right now.

"Here" Shikamaru said, placing the basket filled with a variety of fruit beside Naruto. "It's such a drag but... I bought this basket as a get-well present for Choji. But the doctor said he couldn't have it. So let's eat it together."

Naruto immediately frowned when he heard about Choji. I sighed. 'It seems like he's as worried as always...' I noted.

"Choji? Is he that sick?" Naruto asked, glancing between us, fear evident in his eyes.

"No, no, don't be fooled." Shikamaru chuckled, "He got sick from eating too much BBQ."

Naruto burst out laughing. I joined him for a few seconds before gazing at him in awe. I was curious as to how he could be so carefree when he knows one of his friends is injured. I guess I haven't known any of them for very long to understand them. Naruto and the other have been friends for a bit longer than him and I have, right?

Naruto held his stomach in his fit of laughter, "That's just like him!" He agreed.

Shikamaru rolled his eyes, "Calm down and have something to eat." He groaned, reaching into the basket and tossing Naruto an apple.

Naruto stuck his hand out and caught the apple easily, "Looks good!" He smiled.

I grabbed an apple from the basket and took a bite out of it. As I was chewing my piece, Naruto still hadn't touched his. I frowned and swallowed.

"Naruto, why aren't you eating the apple?" I asked him out of curiosity.

He grinned evilly, "Since Choji can't have any, let's eat it in front of him." He stated with a sly chuckle.

My frown slowly turned into a grin, I laughed softly. "Wow, Naruto! I didn't think you had it in you, but hey...I kind of want to do it, too. What do you say, Shika? Care to join us?" I mused.

A groan erupted from Shikamaru.

"Man, what a drag..."

~*~

Shikamaru, Naruto and I snuck around the building, slowly making our way towards Choji's room. On our way there, Naruto couldn't stop snickering. I was really paranoid that he was going to blow our cover, but knowing Choji he'd be distracted by any sort of food he'd receive almost immediately. Shikamaru stopped abruptly, smirking at us from over his shoulder. We're here.

He nodded his head towards the door, "Here" He whispered.

Naruto and I nodded eagerly. We slowly approached the door. Shikamaru stuck the basket in the through the door and we heard a gasp, but that gasp quickly turned into a sigh.

"Are you harassing me, Shikamaru?"

We laughed at his response. That was Choji for you.

~*~

I sighed softly and walked out of Choji's room. I needed to go to the bathroom and I didn't plan on waiting any longer. Besides that, I needed to check something. Something has been bothering me for a while now... I don't know what to think of it. I entered the girl's bathroom. Making my way through the entrance, I ran towards the mirror. My heart was beating abnormally quickly, maybe a little too quickly. I looked straight into the mirror, eyeing my appearance like I was some sort of animal that was never seen before.

Ever since that day when Kakashi trapped me in that Genjutsu where I met my younger and former self, I haven't been able to really rest properly. My nights are spent staring into the darkness of my room while I recall all that happened on that night.

"Hmm... I wouldn't be so sure if I would call it a power, but more of a...Curse."

I let out a jagged breath. 'No... I'm not cursed. I don't have power. I am not what he thinks I am! I can't be!' I pestered myself internally.

What was I really?

Was Kakashi right about me?

All he really seems to care about is power, but is that really the answer for my problems?

But most of all, what were those weird marks that were all over my arms that day? I pulled up my sleeve, hoping that they were there so I could investigate a little further. However, my arms were perfectly fine. There were no signs of any markings. I bit my lip and slammed my fist against the bathrooms wall.

"Dammit, dammit! Why am I go crazy over some marks when I could have been hallucinating?" I spat out. "I don't even know who or what I am anymore... I-I..."

I clenched my teeth and punched the mirror, causing it to shatter into hundreds of pieces.

"What did Kakashi do to me?"

Cradling my now blood covered fist, I covered my eyes as I beat myself up internally. This is just like a curse... No, it is a curse.

It's Kakashi's curse.

Ever since the day I was adopted into his family I was cursed. I was doomed from the start.